UltravioletPhotography

[IR + Misc.] Covid-19 Discussion and Birna's C-19 Photo-Collage

Stephan, I like the second one more, it feels more "abstract" (I don't know how to put this in words, there is less perspective) and is a bit creepier. Gives a lonely, cold feeling.

My feeling exactly. I was hoping for one person to walk in and have a rest on one of the seats, but no such luck. Also, I'm not really sure it would have been better.

I like to sit backwards on chairs like that, so I would be ok for couple seating.

Interesting that couples aren't allowed. Only singles to sit with that arrangement.

Stephan, I really do like the second photograph. It tells the story at a glance. It is the kind of photo one would expect to see in a magazine story about Covid precautions. :smile:

Herd immunity will not be obtained if we don't get a certain percentage of citizens vaccinated. The virus will continue to find the unvaccinated, infect them, mutate and cause more trouble because eventually variants won't be covered by the current vaccines. Pfizer and Moderna have been reported as already working on boosters to make sure Covid variants are covered.

So the unvaccinated are indeed endangering the rest of us even though we are vaccinated because

the unvaccinated contribute to the continuation and mutation of a disease which could be eliminated if people put public health first instead of their own selfish interests.

Stefano, this is the first time in my lifetime that anybody ever considered vaccination a "choice"! Dangerous to think that way! I cannot even imagine what the world would be like today if the people of my generation had considered the anti-polio or anti-smallpox vaccinations a "choice". We ALL took those vaccines and those diseases were eliminated.

Those diseases and diseases like Covid cause horrible deaths.

The unvaccinated don't have to believe in the Covid virus because the Covid virus believes in them. That's for sure.

Apologies to all if I have steppped on any toes. It has been a tense horrible time. Let us all hope common sense comes to the rescue. I'm not going to talk anymore I promise !!!!!!

Bill De Jager

I got my second shot just recently and I'll be heading out to the mountains on a trip sometime after I reach full vaccination status. The counties I'll be visiting don't have very good vaccination rates, but most people I'll run into while refueling, picking up takeout meals, or staying at hotels and campgrounds are going to be visitors from urban areas with higher rates of vaccination. I'm not sure how soon I'm going to feel comfortable eating indoors in a restaurant, but at least new cases in my state have been consistently declining for five weeks.

Nationally, the U.S. is at 38% fully vaccinated and 48% with one shot. Vaccination rates continue to increase nationally but at a slower and slower rate over time. In my state, California, we're at 48% and 61%, respectively, but there are large differences around the state. California might make it to herd immunity, but the U.S. isn't going to at this rate.

Interesting that couples aren't allowed. Only singles to sit with that arrangement.

It was like that during that intermediate period last year in between the waves, where some concerts and shows were allowed, but only single seating; now groups are permitted to sit together, but as the open-air cinema has not been opened yet, I guess they didn't think it urgent to change that.