UltravioletPhotography

Slow Load Times

Andrea B.

TIME TO FIRST BYTE

This is a more sophisticated measurement than just pinging. TTFB measures the time from clients HTTPS request to the reception of the first byte of return data. 

Here are some results.

I ran this test at MST 1:36PM 30 Jan 2024 in the US which is UTC 8:36 PM 30 Jan 2024. So the US is in "business mode" and internet traffic is high while presumably there is less itraffic in Europe.

TTFB is worse for Europe than it is for the Americas. As we already may have suspected from the problems with show UVP page loads. It does appear that South America TTFB is also much slower than it is for North America. And then there's the very slow European results. The orange color is "average". The redder it gets the slower the TTFB.

What is the deal with Sweden currently? Pings between US-to-Sweden and Sweden-to-US are very slow. And the TTFB is remarkably slow. Everytime I run this particular analyzer, Sweden gets a red bar.

You can run an analyzer like this yourself. I used the one at SpeedVitals.com. There are others.

ttfbUS.jpg

ttfbUSgrade.jpg

ttfbEuro.jpg

ttfbEuroGrade.jpg

Andrea B.

Stephan, I'm happy to hear that. But I haven't done anything other than resize a few extra-large dimension photos. 

Let me mention again, when viewing activity streams choose the condensed version to avoid the little preview images that might slow down the stream.