UltravioletPhotography

Good Day, from the United States

Daniel Gawędzki

Daniel Gawędzki
Good day,

I am Daniel Gawędzki, I started full spectrum photography just over two years ago now. I started from opening point and shoots and removing the hot mirror. Years later I now work as a camera technician full time. I have converted many cameras, and I have much technical knowledge of such subjects. I have just recently started concrete UV photography, and I'm fascinated by this world as I am with IR. I am excited at the prospect of participating in this forum as I spend much time looking at the ideas of others. 

Nice to meet you all,
-Daniel
Daniel Gawędzki
2 hours ago, nfoto said:

Welcome to our small corner of the cybervoid.

2 hours ago, Nate said:

Welcome Daniel

Thank you

2 hours ago, colinbm said:

Hi Daniel, welcome aboard.
Looking forwards to seeing your works.
What is 'concrete UV photography' ?

I meant it in the sense that I did some forms of photography nearing UV before, but never quite only the 340-400 range.

Daniel Gawędzki

I happen to be a Dan that converts cameras, yes. I do a lot of other optics work too, that I'm sure the vendor policy won't be happy about. Long story short I have a long history with the Aerochrome mimic filters you find on the market, I'm directly responsible for a good fraction of the non-kolari ones.

Hah, we have the Kolari IRchrome guy on here also! I think this corner of the internet is THE place for aerochrome emulation attempts.

Daniel Gawędzki
On 10/14/2022 at 12:04 PM, lukaszgryglicki said:

YEEEEES everybody who convert cameras must have a name starting with Dan.

Miło pozanć Daniel, może kiedyś pogadamy?

Of course, any time, I'm very passionate on related subjects to the extent that I make my living off it. (Biegle posługuję się językiem polskim, więc możesz ze mną rozmawiać, tylko angielski jest moim preferowanym językiem.)

1 hour ago, Andy Perrin said:

Hah, we have the Kolari IRchrome guy on here also! I think this corner of the internet is THE place for aerochrome emulation attempts.

Isn't Yann Philippe the IR Chrome guy?

Daniel Gawędzki
13 hours ago, Andy Perrin said:

Yes, Yann is here. 

I've spoken to him before about his filter and what his ideal was with it. It was pleasant speaking to him.