UltravioletPhotography

Possibility to edit old image links to fix them (or apply a search and replace)

otoien

In the LIGHT again.

I see the rich text copy/paste (made while in the DARK) as white text on black background.

I see the plain text copy/paste (made while in the DARK) as typical black-on-white.

CONCLUSION

Copy and paste a non-italic text selection as Rich Text while in the LIGHT [DARK]

Switch to DARK [LIGHT].

The pasted text will be black [white] on white [black] background.

For further torture:  what happens if you copy a black on white background selection and paste that as rich text?

Copy and paste an italic text selection as Rich Text while in the LIGHT [DARK].

Switch to DARK [LIGHT].

The pasted italic text will be grey on black [white] background.

😄 😄 😄 😄 😄 😄 😄 😄 😄 😄 and...... 😜 🤪 

The forum software writes rich text in the editor. Rich text stores background colour, text colour and other text characteristics (bolding, italics, underlining). When copied and pasted again as rich text, those stored characteristics are maintained and show up as some kind of reversal when viewed in the opposite light.

Thanks for all the testing, Andrea.  [I guess we have yet to see the smileys change colors.  🙃 😄  ]  I think there is a simple remedy against these problems when making new posts: Just mark the copied text and set text the attributes to 'automatic', and they will follow the colors of the theme  - that is of course if that is the intention.