UltravioletPhotography

WELCOME BACK !!

Andrea B.

JD --

I tested the PM system and it worked OK. Also your PM quota has not been reached. So the only reason I can think of that your PM did not work was because the person you were sending it to had a full mailbox?? Please try again and save the Error message so that I can see it.

I raised the PM quota from 100 to 200.

I think we had a PM quota higher than 100 on the old style forum?

I MADE IT! I’ve been locked out since the site reopened for no reason I can discern, and nobody answered my emails to the contact link. Birna must have found one of them this morning because she reset my password for me, and here I am again. So glad to be back!

Welcome back Andy,

Was wondering if or when you would be back.

I saw a set of SWIR thorlabs lenses for quite cheap on Ebay and thought there was know way to contact you.

Well maybe you saved some money. 

Andy, this is strange. I didn't reset passwords. Members must now login with EMAIL ADDR and (old) password. If for some reason the old password fails, then a member can always reset it themselves.

If any member is using an auto login app, then that must be reset to use EMAIL ADDR instead of user name.

Andrea, it was BIZARRE. First it refused my old password. I messaged the contact for the admins but got no reply. Then later I tried to reset but nothing happened. THE NEXT DAY after the reset, I received the password reset email! I then tried to reset but it didn’t work, and said my account didn’t exist. Further emails to the admins finally resulted in a reply from Birna today, and I was able to get in with the password she sent. 

Andy, I think it is likely you encountered this mess because I had to make some resets which were not immediately obvious when I first brought UVP back online. I can't be sure what happened exactly, but I'm happy UVP is working for you now.

There is a "lockout" after 3 failed login attempts. But it only lasts a short time (15 min maybe?). And some people have had failed logins because of using auto logins which used the user name to login instead of email address. But your difficulties sound like you managed to hit the site right in the middle of the resets. They were quite weird, indeed.

Good to have you back!

Thanks Andrea
I have got the un-read contents to look like this......with clicking on the thought bubble on the right of the topic gets you too the last un-read in that thread 😃

image.png.ee55173e211e6e3c65680325b193051d.png

I liked the recently added content view that we had in the old forum, showing both read and unread topics. 

I often want to go back to a topic soon after I have read it in the unread list.

There might be a view I have not found for that yet.

Also the personal galleries are blocked. I am not allowed to see the content in my gallery.

I found an image there by looking through all my posted images, but the topic entry was blocked.

I mentioned somewhere else that I could no longer support the Personal Galleries during the Upgrade. The topics are safely stored. I'll try to figure out what to do about them eventually.

So we need an Activity Stream which lists Topics by their Start Date, yes? I think I can make one of those. Not immediately, but I'll look into it soon.

On 10/4/2021 at 4:42 PM, Andrea B. said:

I mentioned somewhere else that I could no longer support the Personal Galleries during the Upgrade.

I never got around to making mine *blushes*. Oops.