UltravioletPhotography

WELCOME BACK !!

Andrea B.

UltravioletPhotography.com came back online this afternoon 30 Sept. 2021 after an upgrade of our forum software to the latest version 4.6. The work was done by the excellent upgrade team at Invision Community.

For a while we will be using the Default Theme. It's a bit plain, but our images will look good.

I think you will like the new Drag-and-Drop image attachment feature. That also works for other kinds of files.

Do check out the new Activity Streams feature accessed from the Activity button along the top blue banner.

LOTS of new Emojis, also. 🤪🥶🤡🦁

I plan to enable a Mobile version of the forum after things settle down a bit.

Please let me know of anything you find which is not working properly

any topics which have the wrong formatting.

Cheers -

Andrea B.

Hi, Andrea, thank you for completing your tiring task to rescue and rejuvenate the website!   Highly appreciated!   Hope you are relaxed now and have a nice cup of tea, coffee or anything you like.  🙂

The website crash was no fun, but it did force the move to better, more stable software which we really did need. So I'm very happy about that.

I will try to work up a couple of Themes soon.

Thank you for the Thank Yous. 😀 La !!

Screen Shot 2021-09-30 at 5.19.53 PM.png

See the three Icons in this Screen Shot taken from the first page of the Forum?

You can use those to set how you want to see the first page of the Forum

Left List Icon = to see forum sections in the usual way.

Center Grid Icon = to see forum sections as tiles on the page.

Right Icon = to see the forum topics list.

This one is very cool because after clicking it, you will see on the right side a selection list.

Pick the forum whose topics you want to see listed.

Hope everyone plays around with these Icons and with the Activity Streams in order to personalize how they see the forum.

Great job on the migration of topics, posts, images and site hierarchy! I didn't see any loss, so QA must have been a breeze. Credit to the old system, the engineers at Invision or both. Hopefully you didn't have to pawn a UV-Nikkor to move the SQL tables.

Cheers!

Still getting used to the look. Its a bit bright.

But love that I can see everything I ever posted and upload.  Also where I uploaded it is excellent.  I now know when I first uploaded lamp spectra it was in my Lp1100 thread.

Couldn't find it earlier. 

I am happy that we are back online. I have to get used to the new look, it is very weird at first, but that's OK. I didn't have time to take photos lately, but I hope to do that soon.

I am happy that we are back online. I have to get used to the new look, it is very weird at first, but that’s OK. I didn’t have time to take photos lately, but I hope to do that soon.

Double post. It takes forever to post from my phone, I don’t know if this is due to the phone or the site. Anyone else experiencing this?

Also, I hope you will not see two posts like this. This is posted from an iPad. I tried to post a similar post from my phone, maybe it will appear later.

I haven't looked at messaging. It could be that there is a mis-set "limit". Let me check.