UltravioletPhotography

IR & visible light block for full spectrum flash

I think UV-induced Visible photography is the easiest to shoot because you can do it with an ordinary camera and an an ordinary lens with a UV/IR blocking filter.
igoriginal

Yes, indeed. But just because something is easier, does't mean it renders less pleasing results, right? :-)

(Not all things that are "more complicated" are necessarily more appealing.)

igoriginal

Then again ... "beauty is in the eye of the beholder", after all.

So, it all comes down to taste, in the end.

Yeah. Like some of my bug shots, a bit like marmite. Some love, some hate, neither is right and neither is wrong! I personally happen to like nice bright pretty colours :D
igoriginal

I personally happen to like nice bright pretty colours :D

Precisely my point, Johan. The human brain is wired to "liking" color diversity / lushness. We are primates, after all, and the primate brain is evolved to being stimulated by color.

Which, goes back to my original argument: That fluorescence-induced photography that is specifically emphasizing the VIS range has the widest artistic appeal. Because of that fact, whether it is any "easier" (or not) to pull off, on top of that, becomes largely moot.

(Unless your work within such fields involves other emphasis besides aesthetics / art ... such as scientific research.)

But, hey. Maybe some people like drab, monotone images for their results in UV-induced fluorescence. To each his own. Haha.