UltravioletPhotography

F828 Snaps VII: New and Old Toys

VideoJohn
23 minutes ago, colinbm said:

The first one.
Is that through an icy window ?

No, and no. Custom practical filter I made.

The horns? I like a lot of these, including #1.

Thanks for sharing,

Doug A

VideoJohn
On 3/25/2024 at 8:13 PM, Doug A said:

The horns?

Winner, winner, chicken dinner! The skull is on loan from a friend. Made a print as a thank you and one to display.

I love this F828 camera. It has some flaws, but the punches it packs are hard to compete with at its price point. 

@VideoJohn Horns and the 1st image are my favorites. The dead bird is kind of grim. Guessing the poor fellow became entangled in plastic? How unfortunate. It would make a great anti pollution poster.

I'm going to look into a F828. You've shown it has lots of potential. Doesn't the mod just require a magnet to function? Looking forward to your next series.

Thanks for sharing,

Doug A

Impressive collection, John. My favorites are the first one and the one with the hanging bird, but many of these are excellent works of art.

VideoJohn
On 3/27/2024 at 12:09 AM, Doug A said:

@VideoJohn Horns and the 1st image are my favorites. The dead bird is kind of grim. Guessing the poor fellow became entangled in plastic? How unfortunate. It would make a great anti pollution poster.

I'm going to look into a F828. You've shown it has lots of potential. Doesn't the mod just require a magnet to function? Looking forward to your next series.

Thanks for sharing,

Doug A

Yeah, I think it's a fishing line it got caught on. Probably using it to build a nest. Just a strange thing I've never seen before.

It's a specific kinda of magnet that runs under $15. That's all you need, per say. Mine stays attached to a latch on my neckstrap. It likes to stick to car doors, lol. Get a knockoff Sony card memory card, mine was like $10, as the CF cards only work properly with smaller storage than the Sony cards, and using newer cards or larger cards can generate errors.

I'm working on a review of this camera, but I need to update it now that I've learned a few new things. Overexposure spots make for some real wonkiness.