UltravioletPhotography

Fujifilm IS Pro for sale on eBay UK

Andrew Dayer

Mr.Read has a lot of interesting fotos on Flickr. What happened to him? 

The Fuji IS is probably a collector's item, as you say. There are better full-spectrum conversions.

8 hours ago, Andrea B. said:

Mr.Read has a lot of interesting fotos on Flickr. What happened to him? 

The Fuji IS is probably a collector's item, as you say. There are better full-spectrum conversions.

There's just a note on his Flickr profile from his wife saying he had passed away. I'm guessing 2021-ish. I only found his work a year or so back when I stumbled across his x-ray based imagary.

iirc, Fuji IS is based on a Nikon D200. I have a full spectrum D200 but rarely use it since it has no live view.

9 hours ago, VideoJohn said:

Someone was trying to get like either $3500 or $6000 for one here in the States on ebay not that long ago. I laughed out loud at whatever the price was.

Wow - if it sold for that, I might buy the UK one and personally deliver it on the proceeds 😅

7 hours ago, Andrew Dayer said:

Wow - if it sold for that, I might buy the UK one and personally deliver it on the proceeds 😅

I don't know how it is in the UK, but I've read things that suggest getting this camera in the States was next to impossible without the right paperwork to do so. I'm pretty sure it's against the TOS to sell it to someone not approved to do so. I'm of the impression it's a bit of a Unicorn here in the states. Again, I don't recall specifically, but that copy may have been new in box, but I don't really recall anything besides the insane price.