UltravioletPhotography

Nikon C 28/2 Non-Ai - covers GFX sensor and has no IR hotspots :)

lukaszgryglicki

My SN is: 274233.

I would love to have the new Nikon 19 T&S - but it is too expensive and uses electronic aperture control so I would either have to use it wide open or do tricks like pressing DoF previen on Nikon body and unmount then, and have a fixed apertura at anything, but needing Nikon body to change it every time. (I hate anything after AF-D - starting from AF-S and any AF that has an internal motor, even AF-D is not that good for me, I love Nikons up until AI-s).

I would love to see a "proper" "MF" GFX sensors - 54x40mm :D. because I cannot even dream about 6x7 or 6x9 which both are my fav from all time.

I had the first Nikkor PC 85 with manual aperture control, then I changed it to the PC-E 85 and 45, which work well with D800 reflex cameras etc, with the Z7 and Z5 it does strange things, sometimes at apertures closed, it doesn't keep everything open during focusing.
On YouTube I saw a video of a Nikon F > GFX adapter (around €500) that works well with electronic aperture control, but perhaps it's just a less than real advertisement, others say it doesn't work well.
This is why I bought the Z7 three years ago; I did a test GFX50r+120 macro VS D850+105 micro the quality of the files was similar to 99%. Only the 3x4 format was more practical.
I've never had anything from Canon, but I've read that all Canon lenses (and Zeiss with Canon mount) with that type of adapter work perfectly on GFX, even PC

18 hours ago, lukaszgryglicki said:

I would love to see a "proper" "MF" GFX sensors - 54x40mm :D. because I cannot even dream about 6x7 or 6x9 which both are my fav from all time.

I dream that Sinar or Phase One makes a 4x5 inch sensor or larger, to revive all my old equipment ... and the last Petzval lenses I bought, made in ~1850

4 hours ago, photoni said:

I dream that Sinar or Phase One makes a 4x5 inch sensor or larger, to revive all my old equipment ... and the last Petzval lenses I bought, made in ~1850

For subjects with no motion, I use an inexpensive Horseman  4x5 view camera with inexpensive back for a FF camera, and with 4x5 or 6x7 lensboard, so I can scan the huge aerial image with my FS A7R or any other camera.

4 hours ago, Lou Jost said:

For subjects with no motion, I use an inexpensive Horseman  4x5 view camera with inexpensive back for a FF camera, and with 4x5 or 6x7 lensboard, so I can scan the huge aerial image with my FS A7R or any other camera.

yes, I also have a 4x5 inch plate for my Toyo, with Nikon F/Sony mount, I use it to check the sharpness of my large format lenses, or to do an exposure test before shooting on photographic film.
I dream of a 4x5 RGB back with at least 50 Mpx...

Today these 4x5 and 8x10 inch back "Largesense" , but they are still too homemade and expensive.
4x5"... LINK... 6.7 Mpx and $26,000
9x11"... LINK... monochrome 26Mpx... $90,000

monochromatic sees UV and IR well

I recently bought this "LomoGraflok 4×5 Instant Back" LINK
the photos have very low quality... not like the Fuji FP100c :(((

Sorry @lukaszgryglicki for this being off topic