UltravioletPhotography

[IRChrome] The Antelope Canyon of the Italian Alps

Hi everybody.

As for a lot of us, being on vacation is the rare occasion for me to do landscape photography. We went to a small walkable canyon called Orridi di Uriezzo (https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orridi_di_Uriezzo).

It was raining cats and dogs the past days, so everything was different. But I made some images that seem otherwordly (at least to me). I want to share them with you. Made with Fujifilm X-E1 and Fujinon XF 14 mm 2.8, ISO 200, F 7.1 or F10, mounted on a tripod and using the loved and hated IRChrome Filter (58mm) by Kolari. The Third one is a single row panorama of 3 vertical shots aligned with auto pano giga (which is freeware now I think).

I hope you like the images. Kindest regards,

Jon

DSCF7101.jpg

DSCF7110.jpg

[Group 12]-DSCF7083_DSCF7091-9 images-.jpg

DSCF7074.jpg

These are indeed reminiscent of Antelope Canyon. But better --  because made in "alternate light" with your Kolari Chrome. 😃

I hope you can make a print of one (or more) of these images to display as a reminder of your vacation and your walk through this spectacular canyon.

The first image has fascinated me because of the small red plant on the left and the bumps of what seems to be moss? Soft textures against the hard rock striations makes for an appealing image in Chrome-light. Wonderful images!

I see a gorilla face in the last one.