UltravioletPhotography

Full Spectrum at the Wrasslin Show (sorta)

VideoJohn

Took the EOS M and a 550nm filter to a local wrasslin show. Mistakes were made with that decision, and neither the 550 nor shooting in full spectrum, really lent itself to making things interesting, so I slapped on a b&w trixmax preset and worked with what I had. 

img_0105_$33_72dpi_web.jpg

img_0209_$33_72dpi_web.jpg

img_0284_$33_72dpi_web.jpg

img_0328_$33_72dpi_web.jpg

img_0388_$33_72dpi_web.jpg

img_0455_$33_72dpi_web.jpg

img_0492_$33_72dpi_web.jpg

img_0493_$33_72dpi_web.jpg

img_0516_$33_72dpi_web.jpg

img_9538_$33_72dpi_web.jpg

img_9579_$33_72dpi_web.jpg

img_9819_$33_72dpi_web.jpg

img_9949_$33_72dpi_web.jpg

img_9983_$33_72dpi_web.jpg

2 hours ago, lukaszgryglicki said:

I really like those photos - they have a very good grainy look/climate.

That's due to having to push the iso. It was super dark in there outside of the dead center by design.

These are fun!! And probably the first pro wrestling photos we've had on UVP!! Thanks for posting. 😎

I'm going to put a link here to explain to viewers in Europe/Asia just what is "professional" wrestling here in 'Merica lest they think there some actual violence going in the captures. 😁 😆 LINKIE

Maybe not ideal filtration, but it all worked out well enough. It's a subject that does well with a gritty look.

It might be interesting to try a 720 nm filter together with an IR LED-panel for illumination. IR lighting or flash can't be seen, so doesn't disturb the audience or the players ("wrasslers"). What do you think?

5 hours ago, Andrea B. said:

It might be interesting to try a 720 nm filter together with an IR LED-panel for illumination. IR lighting or flash can't be seen, so doesn't disturb the audience or the players ("wrasslers"). What do you think?

If I could get ring access, it would make sense to try something better, but sitting from the cheap cheats, my gear selection in full spectrum is just very poor for this activity. The focus system on the EOS M is not designed for action. If I ended up going to another show, I'd break out the Sony, the 720, and the coming 760, but the output on that thing is so slow I fear it is not going to be an effective tool. At least I'll have a decent zoom and better apertures, but that camera is noisy even at 64 iso. Could be a lot of character, could be way too much, could smooth out perfectly with where denoise tech will be by then. Guess I'm gonna have to go shoot and find out. 😁