UltravioletPhotography

Sand Prairie plant

^ Above post went crazy. There was a place for title and attachment, but no where to type a message.

Kolari Vision full spectrum modified Pentax K-1 with metal EL-Nikkor 80mm enlarging lens and Hoya R72 IR filter. ISO 100, F11 at 1/30. The wind and plant teamed up to create a Zen garden. Also shot this in visible and UV. Preferred this one.

Thanks for looking,

Doug A

This is a fascinating wind effect. Very nice!! I think the IR is particularly lovely because the grass appears as that frosty blue.

I've been trying to figure out what that particular grass is. Don't you think that it looks like an array of mini-palm trees? Very cool. I'm guessing that this is some kind of "umbrella grass" in the Sedge family??

Above post went crazy. There was a place for title and attachment, but no where to type a message.

I know what happened because I've done this also, more than once! 😁

I think you probably dragged the photo into the text area before writing anything -- instead of dragging the photo to the Drag File area under the text area. Dragging the photo to the text area before writing creates a jam-up with no space for writing. To fix, just right click on the photo and select Cut to remove the photo from the text area. It will remain in the Drag File area for later insertion after you have written something.

Alternately to fix the jam-up, you can try to place the cursor at the upper left corner of the mis-dragged photo and hit return a few times to create some writing space. But it can be difficult to get that cursor just in the right place at the upper left of the photo. I usually just go for a Cut and later re-insert if I have mis-dragged the photo. 

Best practice is to initially drag the photo (or photos) to the Drag File area under the text area. 

On 8/23/2023 at 5:28 PM, Andrea B. said:

Above post went crazy. There was a place for title and attachment, but no where to type a message.

I know what happened because I've done this also, more than once! 😁

I think you probably dragged the photo into the text area before writing anything -- instead of dragging the photo to the Drag File area under the text area. Dragging the photo to the text area before writing creates a jam-up with no space for writing. To fix, just right click on the photo and select Cut to remove the photo from the text area. It will remain in the Drag File area for later insertion after you have written something.

Alternately to fix the jam-up, you can try to place the cursor at the upper left corner of the mis-dragged photo and hit return a few times to create some writing space. But it can be difficult to get that cursor just in the right place at the upper left of the photo. I usually just go for a Cut and later re-insert if I have mis-dragged the photo. 

Best practice is to initially drag the photo (or photos) to the Drag File area under the text area. 

Thanks @Andrea B. for the explanation and way to fix it in the future. I got in a hurry and messed up the order. I'll be more careful next time :).

I have no idea what type of plant it is. It is a protected area. The great New Madrid earthquake changed the course of the Mississippi river and sand was deposited here. For more info: https://mdc.mo.gov/discover-nature/places/sand-prairie-conservation-area. I live in a neat area. 30 minute drive gets me to swamp or sand prairie ecosystems.

Thanks,

Doug A

@JCDowdy thanks for suggesting this has enlargement potential. Believe the prairie is connected to the New Madrid fault/earthquake. Not sure if the Mississippi carried the sand here, or if the underground pressure forced it up. I know little of  geology or botany. Just an amateur having fun. :)

Appreciate your assistance with the link. Hope it helps @Andrea B. With plant classification. If not, the Missouri Department of Conservation (MDC) is great at answering questions. 

Thanks,

Doug A

• 4 weeks later...