UltravioletPhotography

F828 Full spectrum snaps

VideoJohn

I agree. I was taking pictures of my niece with it the other day, when I processed some of the raw files, one of them looked a lot like film to me. It's curious.

2 hours ago, Fandyus said:

I agree. I was taking pictures of my niece with it the other day, when I processed some of the raw files, one of them looked a lot like film to me. It's curious.

I believe it's all about the tech. I can't remember if it was on this forum or another, but someone said something about how sensor technology had some huge change at one point (I think it was something about trying to emulate how film cameras work vs a truly digital process of capturing) and it has allowed for much cleaner image capturing than we used to have. 

3 hours ago, VideoJohn said:

I believe it's all about the tech. I can't remember if it was on this forum or another, but someone said something about how sensor technology had some huge change at one point (I think it was something about trying to emulate how film cameras work vs a truly digital process of capturing) and it has allowed for much cleaner image capturing than we used to have. 

Might have been me who said that, to be frank. It's still interesting.

On 8/12/2023 at 2:17 PM, Fandyus said:

Might have been me who said that, to be frank. It's still interesting.

Could have been. I know I've heard similar talk about old Hasselblad backs having unique more film like qualities based on the tech of time of certain model releases, so I think there's something to this notion. It makes sense. The tech got better. You can see it in every aspect of every modern digital camera, and when it comes down to it, looking like film isn't what digital is for. There's no reason for it to try and carry water for what is an "inferior" technology used for the same goal.