UltravioletPhotography

Warsaw in UV wide-angle.

lukaszgryglicki

lukaszgryglicki

Fuji GFX 50R full spectrum converted.

Fujinon GF 20-35/4.

Kolari UV-Pass filter 77mm (lens requires 82mm, so there is some vignetting).

Some shots hand-held (in this case ISO is at least 4000, f=5 and t=1/30s), for those which were not hand-held, ISO is 200, dynamic range is 200%, f is 16-22, t is whatever was needed like 6s-30s.

small_FUJI0031.jpg

small_FUJI0032c.JPG

small_FUJI0072.jpg

small_FUJI0125c.jpg

small_FUJI0200.JPG

small_FUJI0121.JPG

small_FUJI0123.JPG

small_FUJI0124.JPG

small_FUJI0041.JPG

small_FUJI0044.JPG

small_FUJI0070.JPG

small_FUJI0074.JPG

small_FUJI0195.JPG

small_FUJI0198.JPG

lukaszgryglicki

Not sure which one you ask for, I'll asume the most famouns Warsaw building - it is "Pałac Kultury i Nauki": https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palace_of_Culture_and_Science

Regarding photos - I always want to have UV in widest possible angle, here I can go to 20mm with vignetting due to filter size 77mm (max from Kolari, they don't offer 82mm) and about 24mm without vignetting (this is on MF crop factor 0.79x).

It is really interesting to me to see scenes of Warsaw. (I've never been there.)

The Palace of Culture & Science is such a lovely old building. I also like that modern curved building.

Lukas, you never edit your photos much? I just had to see the lovely Palace straightened up. So forgive me for playing with that one. The level of detail is making me want a Fuji 50R.

bldgpn.jpg

lukaszgryglicki

Hi, they were edited in AccuRaw EXR - I've tried to get as much color variance as possible from photos dominated by BLUE - Fujinon 20-35/4 lens is waaaaaay to new and complicated to have any deep UV reach - but it allows 16mm FF focal length equiv which is what I wanted here.

Then photos were resized to 25% of the original size "convert file_input.jpg -geometry 25% -quality 85% file_outpout.jpg".

Thanks for the info. I did not know of the AccuRaw app. There are so many available now. It appears to be a good converter for the Fuji images. I'll say again, there is a *lot* of detail.

If the UV reach is only in the 375-400 nm region, it is still UV. 😀 And so you can get the wide angle you like.

I find it interesting that you were able to push UV through the new Fujifilm 20-35mm lens.

I ended up getting a Canon 16-35mm f2.8 iii lens instead,  at about 1/3rd the price.  I wonder if UV can be pushed through it now.

Your second posted image is my favorite.  But I might just be in that color palette mood, kind of like Sepia.