UltravioletPhotography

ERROR 500 problem: working on this

Andrea B.

If you reload the page approx. 10 times (range 5-15), it *might, just might*  display properly. The label on the F5 button will be worn away ......

yes, i'm aware of that!

I just ran a check on the installation and we are running all the proper support stuff - the correct php, sql and so forth.

I'm also on the Invision Forum to see if anyone there knows what is causing the problem.

There was an error in the cron job command which referenced an incorrect php. That has been corrected but I have no idea whether this caused the ERROR 500 problems. I'll have to wait and see.

Well, sadly, it seems that the bad cron job command was not the source of our Error 500 problem.

Thus I am still investigating.

Intermittent problems are always the worst! I've now talked to the Invision software folks and twice to the Site5 (our server host) chat representatives (who can fix minor issues), but we all agree that there should now be a Trouble Ticket so that the Site5 tech staff can investigate the problem.

The techs will look for things like possible memory problems or database corruption. This may take 48 hours or so to resolve. Of course, I will keep everyone updated with any news. 

Meanwhile, if you keep clicking refresh, eventually you will get through and bring up the desired page or the editor or whatever. A giant pain, I know!! Do take care to keep a copy of anything you post just in case an initial posting attempt fails.

The cause of the ERROR 500 problem has been found in our Site5 server logs. It was due to "too many concurrent requests". I'll now go back to the Invision forum to find out where I can fix this in our software. I don't think they work on Sunday, so we might not see a fix until Monday.

Now that you mention it....my hair has been looking a bit more silver these last few days.

[SOLUTION] It seems we need to upgrade our hosting to permit more traffic.

I'm looking into whether we should stay with the current Site5 or perhaps move to another hosting service.

Dangrabbity! I spoke too soon!!

The problem is NOT that we need a larger hosting service.

It might be because we are getting hit on by a bad spider.

So I'm still investigating.

We do indeed. I put a "restraining order" into our .htaccess.😁