UltravioletPhotography

First attempt at multispectral (IRU)

CerpRem

Multispectral photography was one of the things I was really excited to try when I finally got a UV-pass filter, and the other week I finally had some free time to go out and try it

Editing took took a pretty long time (definitely a much different workflow than I'm used to), but I'm very happy with the results! I love the colors of the brush in the foreground, I think they're more nuanced than regular false-color IR with a Red25 (or similar) filter. I want to try this again on a clearer day, since the haze is definitely not being kind to the shorter wavelengths 😆

IR -> R
Red -> G
UV -> B

IRUhandaligned-IRU_02.jpg.48c9183a3a77d6bf5d6bc1949caecb8f.jpg

Raw frames processed in Darktable, then mostly aligned with the Align_Image_Stack tool from Hugin (but the left part of the panorama needed some extra hand-alignment in Gimp since Hugin couldn't do it perfectly). Then composed in Gimp, into Hugin to stitch the two together, and finally processed further in Darktable

Taken on a FS Sony A5000 with a Sigma 19mm f/2.8 DN

And here are the individual IR, Vis, and UV shots:

Vis (TSN575):

aligned0000.jpg.1fe8a1813f4ba60b94960ea13df9c0f9.jpg

IR (850nm): (it always amazes me how well IR is able to punch through haze!)

aligned0001.jpg.1fd20c15a36e768bc6b5a7a1e3a0a878.jpg

UV (ZWB2 + TSN575):

aligned0002.jpg.1db4219d0ec313d4b926a373d7e146b9.jpg

lukaszgryglicki

Very nice results, I always have problems with aligning 3 separate photos ...

I really like the result, it's a very nice colorful image and you did a great job aligning the images.

I see you used the TSN575 as a hot mirror, and then used the red channel as your visible layer. But it seams the TSN575 (that I also own) doesn't really pass red. So I'm not sure that what was recorded in your red channel is actual red light. It could be yellow rather (and maybe even some green and blue light leaks).

That is a cool RGB stack. 

Fun, isn't it? 😀

I'm not sure quite how it would affect the final stack, but I see that there is quite a lot of false color in the foreground of the UV photo if you increase the saturation. The foliage has a lot of green and the path has some blue.