UltravioletPhotography

IRChrome - Bavarian Landscape Panoramas

Hi all,

I still have not gotten around to complete the digital wet plate portrait project. Using my filter and lens combinations (nearly all filters you and especially Toni have recommended) the results are not what I aim to achieve.

In the meantime I very happily took the full spectrum Fujifilm X-E1 with Fujifilm XF 14 2.8 and KolariVisions IRChrome filter onto our vacation in the mountains. All shots are done using a tripod with a improvised single-row panoramic adapter.

Remembering Birnas remarks to my last post about the rather dull colours, I read up about infrared editing with Adobe products. I can achieve the red looks, but I must admit that I prefer the more orange tones the Fujifilm sensor produces (as does the Sony IIRC). What I also try to minimize is halos since I prefer gradual changes in colour.

Still I have tried to make the colours pop a bit more and would be very happy about feedback.

I also would like to know how you deal with dust beneath the quartz/silicate glass - or wether you have any.

Kind regards,

Jon

[Group 20]-DSCF6541_DSCF6550-10 images.jpg

[Group 12]-DSCF6567_DSCF6569-3 images_0000.jpg

Beautiful colors, love the curve on photo 2. I know you say they're panos, but these feel like such slices of larger pieces. Until I read they were panos I was gonna comment on how you should have done panos for this situation.

Jon, are you saying that the converted Fuji camera has dust underneath the glass cover over the sensor? That should not happen. How is the dust showing up in the photo? As gray or dark spots?

Your colours look good in these 2 fotos. You might also want to play with increasing local contrasts to see if that produces a good effect. I'm going to show a quick example given that you did ask for feedback. 

Slight increase in overall contrast, slight brightening of the yellow colour and a bit of local contrast. Feel totally free to disagree with the outcome! "-) Also note, these tweaks were applied to the entire foto. Typically one would take a bit of time and only apply the changes where they worked best.

jonFotopn.jpg

That is such a lovely scene with those mountains in the background. And a field of flowers! My favorite thing!!