UltravioletPhotography

Greetings from a bit north of Memphis

VideoJohn

Hello. How are you. Hi. Just a video guy who dilly dabbles around in all creative things. Ended up here because I was searching for how a 550 filter works on an unmodified camera. (Need to look at what I just shot to find out, lol). I currently work in infrared with an unmodified GFX50sII and a Hoya R72. I have an eos M awaiting full spectrum modification overseas. Can't wait to see what fun things I can learn by digging around and reading through some stuff. Just the sampling I saw trying to get in was pretty wild. Enclosed are some recent shots with the 50sII and the R72.  

Sorry if the images are too big. How do I make them less huge?

dscf0381_$25_72dpi_web.jpg

dscf0359_$25_72dpi_web.jpg

dscf9867_$25_72dpi_web.jpg

Welcome to the forum. Fine images. The 1st is quite unique. I shot IR with an unmodified Pentax 645Z, which uses the same sensor as your Fuji. Long exposure are the norm. You will love the much faster exposures with the modified Canon.

Thanks for sharing,

Doug A

Welcome John! I have a full spectrum EosM like a few others here. I imagine you're going to try out magic lantern if you already haven't for video. Looking for to see what you do with that little camera.

On 5/23/2023 at 10:13 AM, Nate said:

Welcome John! I have a full spectrum EosM like a few others here. I imagine you're going to try out magic lantern if you already haven't for video. Looking for to see what you do with that little camera.

Oh yes, already ran through that gauntlet. Have you used magic lantern much for photography? Any issues with ML and the camera being in full spectrum?

5 hours ago, VideoJohn said:

Have you used magic lantern much for photography?

I did, I liked that I could control things without the touchscreen if I remember right. I use screen magnifiers to get focus better.  Magic lantern also had focus peak too, which made things easier.  I stopped using the eos m because my 77D and T7 full spectrums are far easier to use and more features and better battery life. The mirrorless does have it's advantages though, I am able to use my 50mm lenses on a helicoid, which my others can't reach infinity.

That first image is cool!

I don't know what you are using to convert your raw images, but almost every converter has a resizing tool. Usually 1200 pixels width works well for a fast load on this forum. There must be some software available from Fuji for your GFX? That would also have some kind of resizing tool.

lukaszgryglicki

I conver Fuji RAW files (RAFs) using AccuRaw (EXR for color and monochrome for mono).