UltravioletPhotography

New certificate installed. And update on missing Admin.

Andrea B.

Things should be running smoothly now. 

I'll be checking in again tomorrow.

I became ill on 22 April from a failed tooth implant which became infected. Following sub-mandibular surgery to clean up the entire under jaw area, I was hospitalized for 8 days in isolation while the Infectious Disease physicians determined from cultures what was the appropriate antibiotic and other treatment. After receiving the antibiotic intravenously for a few days, the problem was brought under control. So now I'm home, thankfully. I travel daily for the next 10 days to a local hospital for continued IV antibiotics. Full recovery is expected to take another 3-4 weeks. 

And yes, somewhere back at end of April I also tested positive for Covid, but never did have any symptoms except for only that one day when I had a coughing episode. Just the one! Too weird. I guess the Covid took one look at the bad tooth thing and decided to bug off, so to speak. 😀

All for today.

Thanks Andrea, I hope you get better soon.

I was lucky, my "old, trusted and friend" dentist removed two upper incisors and after a month they gave me two implants,

now after 60 days I'm ready for the third phase, and everything went well.

Welcome back onboard Andrea, after a journey you would rather forget.
Keep up with the good recovery.
I hope photography makes you feel better.

Welcome back Andrea,

Colin has said everything that I could wish you

Hope you are already feeling better

Dave

I am very glad that you are back and getting better.

Just as many other here I have been worried and though about you.

Thank you so much for the administration work in the midst of your own medical issues.

Please take good care and I wish you a fast recovery.

Glad to hear you are getting better. So not the "simple" COVID story we thought but an "interesting" occurrence. 

12 hours ago, Andrea B. said:

I guess the Covid took one look at the bad tooth thing and decided to bug off, so to speak. 

Perhaps some real truth to that. COVID came along and hoped for an easy attack, but found that the castle was already fully mobilized  (because of the already ongoing tooth infection) and had to give up the attack. A colleague of mine reported a somewhat similar short COVID case, but then he thought a flu was the simultaneous infection as he only tested positive for a day or two.

Welcome back to the CEO of the UVP Western Division ... stay safe and well, Andrea. We all need you!!

Bill De Jager

Andrea, so glad to hear you're OK after all that.  Welcome back, and fast healing!

Wow, Andrea, when you get sick, you don't mess around! Take it slow in your recovery. All the best.

Thank you all for your kind comments. 😀

I am feeling much better, but it is a slow recovery. I'll know more sometime next week when I see the Infectious Disease team next Wednesday. They review the progress, decide whether new scans would be helpful, check my "labs" and all that. 

Today I worked on photographing a small 1-2mm white Cryptantha flower and its tiny little seeds. A few years ago, Birna had everybody putting together her "recipe" for a reverse macro using an old Nikon AIS 55mm lens. Whether it was the f3/5 or the f/2.8, I don't remember. But I'm going to try to find that recipe, put the stuff together and try shooting this tiny flower & seeds again tomorrow. 

Glad you are feeling better @Andrea B.. Recuperation takes time. Your Cryptantha project sounds fun. A reversed 55 should give ~2X magnification. More with extension. A reversed wideangle will give even more, but might not pass a lot of UV. 

Have fun, you deserve it,

Doug A

I've tried that a couple of times. The usual problem with any stacking or extensions is that things get wobbly fairly fast. 😁

And a slider rail is almost mandatory with reversed lenses or stacks.  Which reminds me that I need to get one of those!