UltravioletPhotography

It was inevitable. I finally got Covid. Yuk!!!

Andrea B.

Andrea B.

Just when I think everything is back under control (sort of!), along comes Covid. My significant-other, husband-like person, Michael, got Covid just as I had returned to normal activities and to the forum after eye surgery and dental surgery. But he is quite successfully fighting it off thanks to multiple vaccinations in the last few months (4 I think, maybe he had 5?) and the quick procurement of a pack of anti-viral Paxlovid. But of course it was inevitable - in spite of our best efforts - that I would get it too in spite of my own vaccs and other precautions.

Last night at about 11PM my Covid test was negative. This morning at about 9AM my Covid test was positive. As if I didn't already know due to waking up with a coughing fit. I'm now also taking the really bad tasting Paxlovid and also expect only a mild case like MIchael had. The virus does make you really tired though. So I am thinking that I will probably be mostly absent for another week or so. 

See you all soon!

Cheers - Andrea B.

P.S.  I am so very, very thankful that I didn't get Covid until we knew a little bit more about it and had vaccinations and anti-viral drugs like Paxlovid. It is also helpful to perform saline washes of your nose. I don't have the link to the paper, but washing out the nose has been shown to useful in reducing the viral load and lessening the symptoms.

lonesome_dave
3 hours ago, Andrea B. said:

It is also helpful to perform saline washes of your nose. I don't have the link to the paper, but washing out the nose has been shown to useful in reducing the viral load and lessening the symptoms.

+1 on the sinus rinse.

Costco has the 250 packet of NeilMed with squeeze bottles on sale for $17 around here. Highly recommend it.

NeilMed_SinusRinse250.jpg.faca724feee0161a19f268b49a61d404.jpg

Hope to hear soon that it was a mild case Andrea.

I do hope you won't get the pesky and lingering after effects -- Covid-19 can be very unpleasant in my experience. We shall hope for the best and rapid recovery.

Bill De Jager

Andrea, sorry to hear about this. I hope both of you get well quickly and with no lasting effects.