UltravioletPhotography

Permit? I introduce myself

Stefano Rosoni

Stefano Rosoni

Hi all, I am happy to join this forum which I enjoy and have been following for quite some time now. I became an amateur photographer when I was 8, and my uncle gave me a film camera for my birthday. Since then, I've been hooked on this great new entertainment and even now that I'm 68 I still take photos, this time digitally. I'm Italian and I live in the city of Ancona, which being located on the sea with a hilly hinterland is an excellent environment for amateur photography.
In my life I have also developed other interests, such as astronomy, with instrumental observation activities, setting up equipment for the associated astronomical observatories and photographic expeditions on the occasion of total solar eclipses, in connection with the Solar Eclipse Mailing List.
I also enjoy reading Italian and English poetic works from the classical, romantic and decadent periods.
I worked in telecommunications for the national telephone network and in information technology for the local Polytechnic University.
The memory of physics and optics at school, and the consequent curiosity to see the world through a spectral window different from ours, led me to experiment with new techniques, first of all the use of Kodak Wratten filters and Kodak Infrared film Ektachrome. I then got into full spectrum photography with the advent of digital and as soon as I found a modified Canon 5D I started experimenting.
Just recently I'm working on a project thesis: the use of a full spectrum camera with appropriate filtering to obtain photographs with balanced WB and all the colors of the visible band plus those generated by UV and IR contributions.
I am sure that from this forum I will be able to learn a lot thanks to your enormous competence, and I will be happy to share my technical experiences related to this unusual thesis. 

Stefano Rosoni 

rosoni1_resize.jpg

rosoni2_resize.jpg

rosoni3_resize.jpg

1 hour ago, Stefano Rosoni said:

Just recently I'm working on a project thesis: the use of a full spectrum camera with appropriate filtering to obtain photographs with balanced WB and all the colors of the visible band plus those generated by UV and IR contributions.
I am sure that from this forum I will be able to learn a lot thanks to your enormous competence, and I will be happy to share my technical experiences related to this unusual thesis. 

Hi! Yes, this is not an unusual goal around here! Typically people use three filter setups, for IR, vis, and UV, and then put them in the three channels and white balance.

Welcome to the forum Stefano.

It is nice to see yet another member added to our small flock.

Looking forward to your future contributions.

I like your colorful images.

However it is advisable to not post several full resolution images the way you have done, as just opening your post and displaying them takes a lot of time.

I think the slow displaying is because the server has to recalculate each time to scale down.

It is not due to my 1Gb/s fiber connection.

You can also add a CR between the images to separate them in the post.

Welcome to UVP. Great images -- appreciated. However, UVP members should not post full-resolution images for a number of reasons. A maximum of 2000 pix on the long side will suffice all requirements.

Making some space around each frame is  highly recommended as well, in fact, I took the liberty of putting a <CR> between each image of the first post.

Benvenuto all'UVP, Stefano.

I hope you enjoy the website.

I have resized your images to 1/4 of their original size. There is no way to display a full-sized 4368 x 2912 image even with an expanded browser. For best display, resize your images to a maximum width between 1000-2000 pixels. And smaller images load faster.