UltravioletPhotography

Creative spectra

Hello everyone,

what's your most interesting/unusual filter - or a combination of filters using a FS camera?

With IR filters, such as 720nm, it seems to me that I'm dealing with a limited color scheme. The resulting photos usually have this "dual tone" look.

In the attached photos I used stacked orange+blue filters (don't know the name or make) on my FS Sony A7. It has a wider color spectrum than I'm used to with UV/IR. Would be nice to see the actual spectrum (I am looking into diffraction grating and such)...

One filter that baffles me is the Didymium Filter Glass (PNB586 BG20 from Tangsinuo) because of its wavy spectrum. Can't figure out what the resulting image would look like...

1. image: inverted colors

_DSC6090.jpg.a4ae23391805bfcbb54b0c1c950a05d3.jpg

2. image: in-camera WB; the US flag colors are almost intact - with a purple cast; the rest is altered; the human has purple skin and green shirt1482799868_Screenshot2023-01-07at19_55_01.png.b129b3f11bb463fa21a67707c544f3c6.png

Right now I really like a ZWB filter. Gives deep purple UV sky and IR plants. The images I get from it seem sharp and focused well. Focus might partly be the lens I'm using.

I respect a 550nm filter and the post processing that can go into it. I do a lot of channel swapping to get one shot digital areochome with it. Sadly isn't sharp and has some defects on focus. I respect other people who get good results with it or similar. So extreme its easy to get in a duotone like you were mentioning.

I like the blue sky/water you can get from a IRChrome. Sadly I want the trees to be redder than what I get from my camera.

• 3 weeks later...

In the series I made with my Pentax K5, you can see several interesting possibilities. Click Miscellaneous in the first topic to get to some the BG3 photos after a little scroll. I always thought those looked cool, one of my faves.

((I had responded to your topic earlier with this comment, then unfortunately that response was lost when I had to do the DB rollback.))

I use a BG38 IR suppression filter and a Hoya U-330 and in camera whitebalance...allows me to keep some upper level reds that S8612 IR suppression filter doesnt allow.

Sort of a modified bee vision stack....

DSC08546.jpg

DSC08631.jpg

DSC08580 (1).jpg