UltravioletPhotography

Anyone seen this music video?

Nisei

I bought it and got a strange file with a .CUBE extension. I cannot open it on my mac.

Is that the LUT itself?

I have not used lut files before.

I was just new to this.

The .cube file is the LUT.

It is one of the possible file format/extensions for LUTs.

There are several instructions on the web how to install and use it with PS.

I got it to work with Photoshop.

It seams good so far.

Nice to be able to adjust the strength of the effect with an adjustment layer.

Now my main problem is that I have very few normal VIS images to try it on.

I prefer working with my own images instead of some perfected ones I find on the web.

• 1 month later...

Haven't been on UVP for a while, but was intrigued by this post about the Mathieu Stern LUT (Color "Look UP Table") plugin.

Fairly easy to set up in Photoshop CS and works fine for videos in Premier Elements, with the Logarist application.

Blues and yellows don't seem to change much, but quite impressive for a one-click plugin.

edit:

Adding a youtube video of one of my iPhone MOV files, processed in Premier Element with the Infra-Red LUT.

https://youtu.be/Hrhpm7nfrJk

• 9 months later...
Marc del Piro

Isn't it using selective colour management? Sometimes I do it in some of my ViS pictures. I leave here an example of the color-selective method.

To process the colours I used the colour selection tool to select greens, then turned green into whatever I wanted. Then I used a selective tool to blind the grass from the colour selection management. Fine-tuning the image can give different red-pink-orange hues.

🤔

_DSF4649-HDR-Editar-Editar-2.jpg