UltravioletPhotography

New CuRB chart on UVR Optics

lukaszgryglicki

lukaszgryglicki

Hi, I'm 100% sure that when I was buying CuRB filter (https://www.uvroptics.com/index.php?CuRB) its chart was showing transmission down to 200 or 210 nm and it had about 20% at 222nm - I was so xited with this filter suggested it in many places.

Now I see a new chart dropping to 0 at 300nm - is this a bug on UVR optics site?

If I bought filter when its transmission was down to 200nm and now it is zero at 300nm - what will I receive?

Anybody (by any chance) have screenshot of old transmissin curves for CuRB & CopperU?

I want to have them, so in case when my filter is cutting at 300nm I can get refund.

Even now the description on website says "As well, the fused quartz reaches farther into the UV, not dropping below 90% transmission until 270nm" - which means that I have 90%transmission at 270nm, not 0 below 300nm... what is the true transmission?

Can I have a very detailed transmission curve (with OD values, not just %s) for CuRB & CopperU.

I bought this filter to block IR and pass UV-C - this is THE MAIN reason I bought it.

EDIT: I can also see CopperU chart now on the website, it drops to 0 around 260nm and it uses CuRB internally, so new chart for CuRB must be wrong, right? Correct me if I'm wrong? https://www.uvroptics.com/index.php?CopperU

cc @rfcurry

A lot of mea culpas to everyone. As I explained to Lukas a few moments ago by email:
"The answer is that the old charts were from tests long ago using my Hitachi U-100 spectrophotometer. Recently, I could not reproduce Ulf's results on that machine, so I purchased a new Beckman Coulter spectrophotometer. In running tests I was able to replicate Ulf's results, which are my gold standard, on the Beckman. So I ran the CopperU and the CuRB again. The results are as you see. In good conscience, I had to put the data on my website immediately.

"I will inform the UVP forum.
"I will immediately refund your money, just say the word.

"I apologize for selling something without the correct information."
-------------------------------------------

I have not yet had a moment to update the info on the CopperU page.
I will refund the money to each of my CopperU and CuRB customers, if they so desire. I will email each today, which was planned to be my shipping day, to get their decision based upon the new information.

lukaszgryglicki

OK then, I got option to get refund, we'll dscuss via email - I may want to consider it anyway - just repurpose to UV-B (partial) - so sad it can't pass UV-C...

BTW: is there any filter that blocks IR and passes UV-C? Maybe just "lowpass" below 300nm? Are you considering adding such a filter to your options?

At Jonathan's suggestion, I am testing the JGS2 that I used against JGS2 from other suppliers. Perhaps it was not JGS2, but BK7 I was sold. Give me a few hours to test.

Thanks.

lukaszgryglicki

You mean glass that contains CuSO4 solution was only passing 270+ nm instead of quartz glass passing 180+ nm? If this is the case then PLEASE fix, this CuRB will be so much more useful when transmits down to 200nm not 300.