UltravioletPhotography

UVIVF of tree limb

A  wind storm knocked this limb to the ground. Found it while walking with the Nemo torch and brought it inside. This time I tried the Pentax D FA 645 55mm lens with extension tubes on the Pentax 645Z.  Mounted the Tiffen UV 2A on the lens to block all UV.  I used the standard Nemo filter and added the Schott S8612 for IR blocking.  ISO 200 at 30 seconds F22.  This macro is about lifesize magnification. I wore the Honeywell yellow goggles for safety.

Was motivated to go out walking with the Nemo by @Fandyus and  @Andy Perrin. Lots of fluorescence in the woods. The colors do seem purer, this time, with the S8612. 

Thanks for looking,

Doug A

645Z7115treelimbgrowthsUVIVFedit1_edited-3.jpg

Yes, very nice! Lots going on here. 

and added the Schott S8612 for IR blocking

On the camera, right? The Nemo should not be making any IR, as it's an LED torch. A converted camera, on the other hand, would definitely get some of the infrared fluorescence in addition to the visible, so I can see how that might affect colors.

Thanks @colinbm. Don't think we want to eat it :). Thanks @Andy Perrin. No, I used the S8612 on the Nemo. I got confused, was thinking flash and ended up using the torch instead. Oh well, it didn't hurt anything. 

I wonder how long this stuff will live indoors on this limb? I would like to try some more shots, perhaps even flash. Work won't allow that for the next few days. Should I add moisture once in a while?

Thanks,

Doug A

No idea on the moisture. I would have photographed it outside and subtracted the lights, like I did with my flower the other day.