UltravioletPhotography

Hello from Oxfordshire UK

Andrew Dayer

@Andrew Dayer if you love long focal lengths it is easy to find lenses with few lenses that work well in UV up to 340 nm.

in the drawer I found an Astron 105 f4.5 and a 150 f4.5 (I think 3 lenses in 3 groups) that work well and cost very little.

the Nikkor 50 D f1.8 works well, the micro Nikkor 60 D f 2.8 and Helios 44 (58mm f2) no!

My grey PTFE tape was sourced from eBay (I think it was shipped from abroad but I can't find the invoice now). I still have 90% of the roll and could send you a piece fig you like?

My 105mm micro Nikkor is the latest model. I do have an old (40 year old?) one that is no good either!

Good luck!

Andrew Dayer
23 hours ago, Adrian said:

My grey PTFE tape was sourced from eBay (I think it was shipped from abroad but I can't find the invoice now). I still have 90% of the roll and could send you a piece fig you like?

That's generous of you - thanks. I'll pm you.

Andrew Dayer
On 8/13/2022 at 7:30 AM, photoni said:

@Andrew Dayer if you love long focal lengths it is easy to find lenses with few lenses that work well in UV up to 340 nm.

in the drawer I found an Astron 105 f4.5 and a 150 f4.5 (I think 3 lenses in 3 groups) that work well and cost very little.

the Nikkor 50 D f1.8 works well, the micro Nikkor 60 D f 2.8 and Helios 44 (58mm f2) no!

Thanks @photoni. I couldn't (quickly) find the Astron's but I did spot a Prinz 135mm close in serial number to the one @ulf reported on here. As it was pretty cheap - £10 - I jumped in. But first I need to make some decent UV images with the kit I already have 🙂.

Nikkors - I don't have those (only the rather unpopular 50mm 1.4D). The big plus is the potential for infinite focus on Nikon F-mount bodies; I'm a way from getting a full spectrum Z9 with UV 105mm just yet. And for sure the Helios's also I have are also good UV blockers.