UltravioletPhotography

Example of Infrared defeating dew.

Went outside, on a very humid day, to snap IR test shot with Super Takumar 35mm.  Captured a nice image using liveview. Then I looked at the lens and saw the front element was totally covered in dew. Amazing how little it affected the infrared image. Always heard IR cuts through the atmosphere much better than visible light. Didn't realize it was this drastic. So cool!

Pentax K-1 full spectrum modified by Kolari Vision, Super Takumar 35mm lens (thanks for the recommendation @ulf}, and Hoya R72 filter.  Fogged uplens taken with Pentax Q and #01 (40mm eq. lens).

Thanks for looking,

Doug A

IMGP5046hostaleavesIRTak35.jpg

IMGP4227dewonfrontlenselement.jpg

Always heard IR cuts through the atmosphere much better than visible light.

Here is a foggy day example of IR, Vis and UV. LINK

But cutting thru thru a foggy lens is impressive. 😄

Off Topic:  You have a PentaxQ?!! I *love* that little cam. I have so much fun with it. I have the first one they made.

@Doppler9000 thank you.

@Andrea B. Excellent link to examples of UV, visible, and IR. After chimping my photo, I was totally surprised to find the front lens element fogged up. 

Off topic: nothing to do with Q is off topic in one of my threads :).  I've always loved wee cams. I've used film Minox B, Yashica Atoron, Minolta QT, and of course Pentax Auto 110. Told the Pentax rep to send one a Q as soon as released. It is FUN and one of my most used camera systems.

Friend sent me a link to a ~10 minute full spectrum Q mod. Trying to decide if it would be worthwhile. Probably means the Q and Q7 will be getting another sibling. 

Thanks,

Doug A

Bill De Jager
On 8/3/2022 at 3:30 PM, Andrea B. said:

Off Topic:  You have a PentaxQ?!! I *love* that little cam. I have so much fun with it. I have the first one they made.

I have a couple I bought when they closed out the series.  At the time I never figured out how to manually focus well but I should go back now and try again.  I couldn't get focus peaking to work on adapted lenses, but apparently live view can be enlarged which should help.  The short register distance means you can adapt almost any lens, though conversion of the sensor filter is not an option.