UltravioletPhotography

Helleborus x hybridus

How do we get one of these in UV ?
Helleborus x hybridus referred to as 'Black beauty', 'Dark and Handsome' or even 'Black swan'.
Hybrid hellebores, commonly called hybrid Lenten roses is a semi-evergreen perennial with leathery, dark green leaves and upright stems bearing outward-facing, dark purple to maroon flowers from winter to spring. The flowers are cup-shaped, typically measuring 2-3 inches in diameter with 5 showy, usually overlapping petals (technically sepals), but sometimes occur in a double flowered form.

May be an image of flower and nature

Col, I don’t quite understand your question??

You are wanting a UV photo of the Black Hellebore I think?

Such a photo would be very UV-dark (UV-black, probably) because these “black” flowers have lots of anthocyanins. I photographed a Black Hollyhock which is UV-black. LINK

I’m on my iPad and quite stupidly cannot manage to copy a link to the Black Hollyhock, which is the first flower the Cultivar section. I’ll be back later to fix that.

Cool flowers! Would be interesting to see - as would they be in infrared.

I wish I was set up for UV when my bat flowers were blooming - another dark coloured flower. Next year hopefully.

He's one of me, my cat Bazza and a bat flower (tacca chantrieri) at the end of its blooming cycle, which has lost most of its whiskers for this shot unfortunately.

Bazza Bat Flower.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

What a pretty cat! Bazza's blue eyes are gorgeous.

I'll be looking forward to photos of that bat flower when it is again in bloom. I don't know that one at all.