UltravioletPhotography

FOTGA UV/IR cut - how well does it attenuate UV?

Hello,

for quite some time, I've been looking for a filter that would let me carry out UVIVF photography without pollution by either reflected UV or the UV blocking filter fluorescing. I found this interesting offer.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/164901638716?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=3YEJMsjgRga&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=aowhe3ctqce&var=464412556219&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Does anyone know how well does it actually block UV and if it fluoresces at all? Thanks.

I don't know specifically about that filter. But it looks similar to the SvBony uv/ir blocking filters I bought.  They let in uv from 380/390nm and a little IR in the 700's.

But its better than the BW 486 filter.

I don't think it was fluorescent. But my 2A and 2E wratten gel filters are fluorescent. 

The best blocker I have is the internal blocker used for the Sigma SD15 camera. I mounted the 2 I have in  rings.

I have the Fotga but I doubled it. I also have the Zeiss T and the Hoya.

In RGB no problem. In UVIVF none give the same colors.

3 hours ago, colinbm said:

Fandyus, What ever Hot Mirror you use, the Zeiss T* should be used to attenuate the UV the best for UVIVF.

Well, as much as I'd love to be able to use Zeiss gear, I don't think I have the money to buy from this particular company.

I've been thinking of gluing a polycarbonate plate on a step up ring and blocking the UV that way, that should be fairly cheap. But i don't know.