UltravioletPhotography

Phlomis fruticosa [Jerusalem Sage]: Another Example

photoni

Castellani, A. (2022) Another example of Phlomis fruticosa L. (Lamiaceae) Jerusalem Sage. Flowers photographed in ultraviolet and visible light. LINK

Lens: Meritar 50 mm f/2.9.

All photos at f/8.

Comment:  It was a very windy day.

References:  

1. Wikipedia (acc 20 May 2022) Phlomis fruticosa. Wikimedia Foundation, San Francisco, CA.

2Blum, A.G. (2013) Phlomis fruticosa L. (Lamiaceae) Jerusalem Sage. Flowers photographed in ultraviolet and visible light.

Visible with QB29 filter.

The hornets alight on the yellow track and put their heads inside the flower.

The pollen settles on their backs.

_DSC8197 1_.jpg

Ultraviolet with TSN575 + ZWB2 UV-pass filter stack.

_DSC8200 1_.jpg

Visible with QB29 filter.

_DSC8209_.jpg

Ultraviolet with TSN575 + ZWB2 UV-pass filter stack.

_DSC8205_.jpg

We usually have just one person's work per topic in the botanical section. So I will make a topic with your examples. 😁

5 minutes ago, Andrea B. said:

We usually have just one person's work per topic in the botanical section. So I will make a topic with your examples. 😁

Andrea is not very "technical" like yours, I didn't think it was worth starting a new post
it's an interpretation (of lens and filters) different from yours ... with a lot of blur :)

But it is interesting to see the flower photographed with different filters !!! We welcome additional examples. I will make a nice topic here for you.😄

23 hours ago, Andrea B. said:

But it is interesting to see the flower photographed with different filters !!! We welcome additional examples. I will make a nice topic here for you.😄

thanks @Andrea B.
In the third and fourth photos, on the right, you can see a bud emerging from the group of flowers.
this will be a new "nest" of flowers, then still others.