UltravioletPhotography

Kolari UV / IR Cut Pro 2 Filter.

I purchased a Kolari UV / IR Cut Pro 2 Filter last December & I was impressed with it & the good match for my converted Sigma fp.
Unfortunately I opened the box to use it today & I was shocked to see that there seems to be a delamination problem.
The outside of the filter seems to be clean, but there are ghosting smear marks that seem to be internal ?
Please check your Kolari Pro 2.

1701920949_DSCN0280cropweb.jpg.37e51375d04448ed09717982d64a5539.jpg

dancingcat

I bought mine in January - it seems to be ok.  I have noticed that it picks up dust readily though even though I'm careful to cover it on the lens when not in use. I'm not seeing the smearing you do.  Thx for headsup.

Andrea B.

Col, I hope you have sent this photo to Kolari Vision and asked them about it.

Their initial response was that, " We're happy to cover this under our warranty if you send the filter back to us."
I have sent this photo to them & asked if they will pay the return postage from Australia, two days ago.
I am still waiting for an answer 🙁

Andrea B.

Please let us know about whether a postage refund is offered. It should be.

Colin,

There is another topic about storing filters. Five months in plastic is potential for corrosion through outgassing. It could probably pass right through the coating, if any. [Outgassing is, iirc, an Aussie term for two gents hunkered down outside, talking.] 

Kolari Vision are firm on no refund on return postage & also state it is their policy to charge the replacements postage too !
So much for Life Time Warranty ! Win on the swings to lose on the roundabouts !

I find Kolari's entrenchment reprehensible. Andrea,can't you put a warning on the forum to the effect that Kolari does not adequately support their customers: caveat emptor.

After some intervention from Paypal, the matter has been satisfactorily resolved. 

But, yes, if necessary I would add a warning to the Stickies.