UltravioletPhotography

Daffodils with Kolari Vision IR Chrome filter

Pentax K-1 full spectrum converted by Kolari Vision with chrome Nikon EL-Nikkor 80mm enlarging lens and Kolari Vision Ir Chrome filter. 

This required a small hike in the woods, on my only day off. It was windy and took many shots to get a sharp shot. Lightly processed in Silkypix and PSE 11.  No channel swapping with this filter. Comments welcomed.

Thanks for looking,

Doug A 

IMGP4544EasterLilysKA.jpg

Nice photo Doug. I've been want to add that filter to my collection. Looks like for $60(37MM) will screw right on the EL Nikkor 80 adapter too.

Thanks @Cadmium I corrected the title. I'm awful with flower identifications. @photoni it sure looks that way.  @colinbm thanks. 

Thanks @Nate. Interesting that your EL-Nikkor 80 adapter is 37mm. My RAF adapter uses 52mm. Where did your adapter come from?

The Kolari is an interesting filter. I bought it to avoid all the channel swapping during post processing. Not sure that is totally going to work out. I'd prefer more red than almost pink, and apparently that will require more post processing. 

Thanks,

Doug A

Andy Perrin

Yeah RAFcamera sells different ones. I don’t have any other 37mm filters so I went with the 52mm adapter. 

It is an advantage to choose a filter diameter as a standard if you intend to use more than one filter.

I elected to use 52mm for most of my filters.

The 52mm dimension was chosen mainly for UV-photography, but I have filters in that dimension all the way up to 850nm

I think the 52mm has most filter types available on the market.

That dimension fits very many of the good UV-capable lenses.

Some of them needs a step ring to attach a 52mm filter, but step rings are cheap and widely available.

I use 52mm mostly but some are 49mm. When I bought the Baader U, I had to get a 49-48, then a 37mm-49mm😁 I'm very diversified with my adapters.

My Canon primes are either 49mm or 52mm, and my Rokinon 135 F2 allows me to use internal 1.25in filters, as does anything on a helicoid.

That is a magenta color - half red & half blue. So perhaps if you played around with the camera's white balance settings you can get more of a red ?? Unfortunately I don't have this filter in order to work that out.

Thanks @Nateand @Andy Perrinfor the info on RAF adapters. Didn't realize they made different sizes to fit the EL-Nikkor 80. I'm using the 52 adapter with 49 step down. Couldn't find a 52mm S8612/U 360 combo so settled on 49mm. Luckily they also fit inside the 500mm lens.

@Andrea B. I didn't think to try camera WB. Just left camera on sun preset. Doh. I'll try setting a custom WB.

Thanks everyone,

Doug A