UltravioletPhotography

people from the invisible world

photoni

a greeting from Italy - world - peace no war

I hope that all of you even all those who are missing think so

Antonio

1397364086_UVPpeople.jpg.9f9ee1954d5eee3895851ff29488d45f.jpg

Andy Perrin

Not really all that diversified (do we have any African members? apologies if I’m forgetting someone or mentally blocking on it) although many of the western-type countries are represented. We have a fairly large Russian contingent that I don’t see shown in there.

I apologize if I have forgotten Russians, Indians, Brazilians and other countries,

it was not meant to be a catalog, but to give the idea of the friendly exchange of information without borders.
What worries me is that for the second time America and Russia have approached World War III.

Kind of bummed out I'm not included. I guess I haven't posted enough to earn my status..

2 minutes ago, Fandyus said:

I'm not included

Thought that was you under Stefano, guess it's someone else.

I'm in the -8 time zone

You are absolutely included!

Tony has just given your member-name an Italian touch.

You have become Fandio just as Cadmium has become Cadmio.

9 hours ago, Fandyus said:

Kind of bummed out I'm not included. I guess I haven't posted enough to earn my status..

:-)))

my school english forces me to use chrome with machine translation often

some names are crippled, others ridiculously translated

6 hours ago, ulf said:

714531017_Schermata2022-04-06alle19_09_41.jpg.b65fc0ab504ba66deb5a747ba86f658a.jpg

11 hours ago, ulf said:

5 hours ago, photoni said:

:-)))

my school english forces me to use chrome with machine translation often

some names are crippled, others ridiculously translated

714531017_Schermata2022-04-06alle19_09_41.jpg.b65fc0ab504ba66deb5a747ba86f658a.jpg

Ah, ok. Sorry for whining anyhow! I didn't realize the names were changed a bit, I looked at the color of the profile picture and saw it didn't match the one that appears on my device, so I assumed it had to be someone else. But I shouldn't have made a ruckus about it. Don't want to seem like I'm asking for attention.

Thanks for including me though. Glad to be there. :)

17 hours ago, Fandyus said:

No, I have clearly posted too much.

I need more photos. Need more time to take photos.  Also must be more careful with money, almost had to sell everything yesterday. 

Alaska  is also able to be included, but time zones look a bit stange. AKST is GMT -9 and includes all of Alaska except Aleutions West. Perhaps an old map, or kind of showing geographic times? But then again, I might not have posted enough lately 🙂 .

it is a purely indicative list, the photo would be too long.

It could be a new job for @Andrea B.  make a list of the "active" subscribers in the last year, with nickname, real name, time zone.

In this bad moment I wonder if Russian users can access the site, or if UVP is on the big block list.

I forgot ... I don't remember Chinese users.
Peace

Bill De Jager

I share photoni's sentiments for peace and goodwill.

Yes, the map is old and has local inaccuracies such as Alaska.  Still, it's generally useful.  I long ago memorized the time distances to the UK and western Europe (having traveled there and having family there means many reminders over the years).  However, I keep forgetting the time distance to Japan and Korea so it's good to get a reminder here.  Despite the common perception of east Asia as being far away, to us on the west coast of North America Japan and Korea are closer in time distance than any part of Europe.

Like Nate I'm in the -8 time zone.  Andrea is in -7. When I try to think of others in western North American I keep coming up with the names of people from Nikongear that don't participate here (that I know of).

-Guglielmo

Very informative map and project @photoni.  Lots of work and well worth it. Appreciate the time you put into this. I'm at -6. 

On another photo forum they have a map of all their members. It must be automatic with over 60K users. It would be interesting to know if this site has that feature. Adding elevation would be super.

Thanks for sharing,

Doug A

Hope for peace.

It is always nice to see how communities of nature observers form global networks.
Nice to be a part of it.
Many thanks for that :)