UltravioletPhotography

Hello From Baltimore, MD / Houston, TX!

mason2spectral

mason2spectral

Hi Everyone! My name is Mason. Although I am originally from Texas, I am currently situated in Baltimore MD at Johns Hopkins University studying Computer Science with a minor in Visual Art!

I have been shooting in visual light for over 6 years. My primary camera is a visual-only Sony A7RIII, and my favorite lens the Sony 90mm macro. After trying out a professor's 720nm converted IR camera, I decided to get a multi-spectrum converted A7R around 2 years ago. Since then, I have been shooting in various infrared and visual... mostly in 550nm, 850nm, and IR-Chrome. 

Recently I took an interest in Ultraviolet photography and ordered a UV bandpass filter + bg39! I'm excited and looking forward to exploring a whole new spectrum of photography!

I have a website at:

More recent images are posted on my IG or on YouPic though:

850NM Long Exposure - A7R + 850nm + Polarizer

_DSC5062.jpg.0a265fcd2da05b9994c4b57486d734f1.jpg

IR Chrome

_DSC3146.jpg.65332918f31aebf49163b9465e8f7c36.jpg

Welcome to the group. Looking forward to seeing more images. The IR Chrome is very dramatic. Like it a lot.

Thanks for sharing,

Doug A

What was the exposure time for the IR850-shot? Would be interesting to see that scenery with smoother water and clouds, I'd expect the top part of the trees in the front to be more visible ( 😉 )

mason2spectral
19 hours ago, StephanN said:

What was the exposure time for the IR850-shot? Would be interesting to see that scenery with smoother water and clouds, I'd expect the top part of the trees in the front to be more visible ( 😉 )

10s. Best I could manage with all the ducks around - kept photo bombing the shot :)