UltravioletPhotography

Hello from Sunshine Coast, Australia

cazza132

Hi, my name is Troy.

I have been using a full spectrum modified Canon 6D for almost 10 years for astrophotography, infrared landscapes etc.

UVIVF has captured my attention (along with UV direct and uv induced infrared fluorescence) more recently.   I have been following this site for quite some time and have found it very informative.  Thank you for accepting me as a member, and I look forward to contributing with my experiences across the spectrum.

A few pics:

Buderim Falls 2 Prelim.jpg

Lake Bonney IR Panorama1 - 190129.jpg

Milky Way Rift - 170502.jpg

UVIVF Asiatic Lily.jpg

Sunset IR Grasstrees 403.jpg

UV Asiatic Lily.jpg

Weyba IR Astro1.jpg

IMG_8315.jpg

Vis Light Asiatic Lily.jpg

Wayne Harridge

Impressive images Troy, I'd be interested to hear what filtration & post processing you have applied.

On 3/28/2022 at 7:22 PM, colinbm said:

These are fabulous Troy

20 hours ago, nfoto said:

Welcome, Troy. You sure have nice contributions and I'm looking forward to seeing more.

16 hours ago, Nate said:

Welcome Troy, Great shots! Love your Rho Ophiuchi and Darkhorse region of the MilkyWay core.

14 hours ago, Andy Perrin said:

Love these!

12 hours ago, Wayne Harridge said:

Impressive images Troy, I'd be interested to hear what filtration & post processing you have applied.

Thank you for the kind words folks! Sorry for the lack of image info. Hope the following addresses most of that:

• The first two are infrared shots taken using an Astronomik 642nm-842nm Clip In IR bandpass filter.
  • The Milky Way image is a multipanel mosaic using a IDAS HEUIB filter.
  • The lily flower shots were taken using an Astronomik 'L' UV/IR cut clip in + Hoya X0 for the UVIVF shot (1st), ZWB1+BG38 for the UV shot (2nd), and Astronomik 'L' UV/IR cut clip in filter for the visible light shot (3rd).
  • The grass trees under blue sky is a dual band UV and predominantly IR using a B+W 403 filter.
  • The lakeside Milky Way tree shot is a night time infrared shot taken using an Astronomik 642nm-842nm Clip In IR bandpass filter.
  • The succulent in the UVIVF shot fluoresced strongly red under 395nm light. Tonic water was added and fluoresced cyan. An Astronomik 'L' UV/IR cut clip in filter + a Tiffen 8 Yellow 2 long pass filter.  The 395nm light source was filtered using a BG3 filter.

Hope I got everything there.

These are all inspiring.  I have been so busy lately that I haven't had the time to shoot a single UV photograph in months. 

Welcome to the forum. 

Welcome, Troy!
After this debut pictures, I am particularly looking forward to not only technically exciting but above all aesthetically outstanding photos :)