UltravioletPhotography

Anybody using Onyx on a Mac for cleaning?

Andrea B.

Ccleaner, which I used for years, has gone to a subscription mode. No thank you. So I'm thinking about setting up Onyx. Any comments welcomed about its setup or operation and how you like it.

Thanks in advance!

Sorry couldn't help, I've been a windows PC  person all my life, and I just use malwarebytes and clean temp files periodically, and I keep divers up to date. I'm sure there's a few videos on proper installation and do's and don'ts if you need.

No probs with installation. I'm mostly interested in the nuances of how well it works, etc.

It has a *lot* of extra, interesting tools look like they could be useful. A file checksum calculator, unix man plage displayer, file system checker, wireless diagnostics, network utility and more.  The network utility has all the usuals in one place (like ping, traceroute, whois, etc) in a nice little interface.

Side comment:  for whatever reason I don't like watching vids about tech stuff. I know that's a bit silly, but there it is. I want to see stuff in writing, to take in kind of at a glance. I'm always fast-forwarding thru vids and then I miss the thing I wanted to know. 😜😁

I used it a long time ago, and it seamed to work fine then.

I do not remember why I stopped using it, but it was not due to any problems.