UltravioletPhotography

Meyer - Optik Görlitz Telemegor 1:5.5 / 180 V

Doug A

Very well made lens with nice UV performance.

. 4 element design

. 49mm filter threads

. Optic head can be unscrewed from lens body - allowing use on bellows . Some divisible Meyer lenses use a 37mm x 0.5 thread.  This len uses smaller than 39mm, and is likely the same.

. 15 blade diaphram

. compact design 

. Red   V  single lens coatings

. Close focus is a little less than 2 meters

.  Made in Exakta and M42 mount.  

There are many versions of this lens . This one appears to have been manufactured between 1954 - 1958. This is after the switch to aluminum , and is very light weight. It weighs less than  an old chrome Nikon El-Nikkor 135 F5.6 enlarging  lens.  Looked hard to find one of these with perfect glass and M42 mount.  As @nfoto points out, in another thread, it is possible to buy one that doesn't fit the intended camera and use an adapter with bellows or helicoid. I'm still having a lot of flare problems with a helicoid mounted El-Nikkor 135 and wanted the choice of  using the lens stock.

Aperture settings have no click stops. Meyer used a very nice preset system. Push the spring loaded aperture ring away from camera and select aperture. Release pressure and this engages the stop point. You can now move from wide open to your desired shooting  aperture very quickly.  

The close up photo shows the NEMO 365nm torch shining thru the lens.  The picture that doesn't contain a lens was taken at F11 with extension tubes. Pentax K-1 Kolari Vision full spectrum modified. Igoriginal ZBW1 2mm/BG39 2.3mm filter stack.

IMGP6666meyertelemegore180.jpg

IMGP6663meyer180disassembled.jpg

IMGP6664.jpg

IMGP4035windowcondensationblindsUV_edited-1.jpg

Yours is similar to mine but clearly a different lens. I don’t have a “V” on the name in my lens. I think mine is older. Also mine is painted black. 

@Andy Perrinyours might be pre-50s. Some of the earliest ones were brass instead of aluminum. They are all nice lenses.

@Andrea B. thanks.  Good to have a longer lens in the gallery. I enjoyed your Meyer review

@Blazer0ne thanks. Hope to get time for more images.

Thanks everyone,

Doug A