UltravioletPhotography

Aeonium arboreum

IMG_0459.jpg.110ef0b02a5019bd2c6714a86323a3ca.jpg

Personally, I don't feel there's much "UV" quality to this photo but I decided to post it regardless. The picture is significantly larger than my other images since Birna recently told me I can post images 1-2mb in size.

It was shot with a ZWB2 and a QB39 for purification but it was only illuminated with a 365nm LED. I wanted to take a picture that could be a smartphone wallpaper or such but I don't think the subject ended up looking interesting enough so I released the image for free.

https://www.pexels.com/photo/black-and-white-texture-plant-b-amp-w-10696252/

https://unsplash.com/photos/cNSPk2WKKYQ

This image loads so slowly it times out on my Mac. While we may not pay for images, resizing them at least a bit would be nice to those with slower connections.

Untitled.jpg.6f52bd1b1ab79a0a5d3de09a70f5a33a.jpg

4 hours ago, Doug A said:

@Fandyus it may not have enough UV personality for you, but it is a fine image. 

Thanks for sharing,

Doug A

Thanks!

4 hours ago, Andy Perrin said:

This image loads so slowly it times out on my Mac. While we may not pay for images, resizing them at least a bit would be nice to those with slower connections.

Untitled.jpg.6f52bd1b1ab79a0a5d3de09a70f5a33a.jpg

Sorry for that, the total size is around 600kb, I thought that was compressed enough for most uses. You can view the image in one of the links in the post if you want.

It loads fine on my phone also. It seems to be a problem mainly with the desktop. If it doesn’t load in a certain time, Safari stops the download. 

Then perhaps the culprit is Safari itself? I'm on Firefox and the image loads instanly with the web page. This either from desktop or mobile phone.

Sort of? As I said, I think if the file is too large, it cuts off the download rather than display the whole thing. However, I will say I’m having trouble reproducing the issue now. It may have been cached. 

15 hours ago, Blazer0ne said:

How do these succulents respond to other visualizations such as fluorescence?

I could try some IR fluorescence perhaps. Visible is out of the question due to the tons of fluorescent fibers that have ingrained themselves into the surface of the plant. I can't even blow them off.

14 hours ago, Cadmium said:

Those bloom at some point in the year, so maybe you can take a photo when it is blooming, and their may be more color with that.

I'll might try if that happens. But I don't remember this particualar specimen blooming truth be told.

11 hours ago, dabateman said:

Loads fine and fast on my S8 phone. 

Looks like little trees to me. I like the details in the trunk. 

Thanks. Luminar 4's structure boost function helped a lot there. Didn't even introduce any halos or other such artifacts.

1 hour ago, Fandyus said:

I could try some IR fluorescence perhaps. Visible is out of the question due to the tons of fluorescent fibers that have ingrained themselves into the surface of the plant. I can't even blow them off.

I didn't consider that but it is so true. Most of my outdoor plants are spoiled by synthetic dust fibers within a day after I bring them inside.

6 hours ago, Blazer0ne said:

I didn't consider that but it is so true. Most of my outdoor plants are spoiled by synthetic dust fibers within a day after I bring them inside.

It's a real pain. I would shoot way more UVIVF if it wasn't for that.