UltravioletPhotography

I wanted to check out your RAW Ural, I like just simple edits in darktable or Affinity or both.

It's more of a practice for me, as I forget what I do when editing snaps😁

I started with darktable, WB/exposure/astro denoise save tiff

opened in affinity, detail refinement and further noise reduction/saturation/contrast/clarity and probably some other ingredients in the pot.

As for the green on the bottom, I had issues with banding at a certain iso on my 77D(iso800), and it looks like what I had.

Thanks for sharing your RAW, here's what I came up with 1000x668

Swans.png.3be7bae59ab4fdc90dc70ee1e7467d54.png

Thank you @Blazer0ne, the revised version looks brighter and I am surprised that Sony OEM tool can work so well in UV photography. That day I used 100mm lens and shoot without tripod and it was difficult to reduce shutter speed below 1/100, also there was not enough light that day, thus the only way to shoot moving objects was to increase ISO. But I agree I need to try tripod next time and choose a sunnier day.

I just tried Affinity, seems this is a good tool for noise reduction but it was a little bit difficult for me to WB. Thanks @Nate for sharing your version, the photo is very clear and bright, Affinity works very well in combination with Darktable. This give me idea that with appropriate tools it is possible to adjust even underexposed UV photos, but at the expense of detalisation. I also came to conclusion that this green tint should be due to light leakage through NEX-M42 adapter, in addition lens mount is not very tight in Sony A7 camera. I had approximately the same light leakage with Nikon D600 but it disappeared when I attached fotodiox adapter.

Below is my experiment with Affinity, for some reason I cannot get rid of purple-green tint, probably due to my lack expertise with this software. I found that Capture One is the most convenient tool for me. 

706910346__DSC4714800.jpg.fdadc1409e1b630ab4574a00ec35f1f2.jpg

Yeah, looks like you have several good choices for post processing color adjustment. Just add a blurb to your image post about “adjusted to personal taste” seems to help with critiques. Any info about the field, given up front, such as exposure and working conditions also seems to help align results with expectations. Such as if ideal conditions were not possible then frame it with your photo. It’s part of the story.

Cheers!