UltravioletPhotography

Christmass walk at night, long time exposures

lukaszgryglicki

lukaszgryglicki

Had a walk at Night, around 16km - wanted tom photograph cars returning home after Holidays.

Equipment: Nikon D600 BB/FS + Atom-Nikkor.

ISO is usually 100 (excluding handheld shots where it can be up to 6400), f is usually 5.6, 8, 11 (excluding HH where it can be 2.8, 4), exposure is usually 30s (excluding HH where it is 1/15s-1/50s). 2 or 3 photos are IR, others are full spectrum.

small_co__FSC6231.JPG

small_co__FSC6234.JPG

small_co__FSC6236.JPG

small_co__FSC6238.JPG

small_co__FSC6239.JPG

small_co__FSC6246.JPG

small_co__FSC6248.JPG

small_co__FSC6249.JPG

small_co__FSC6250.JPG

small_co__FSC6251.JPG

small_co__FSC6253.JPG

small_co__FSC6254.JPG

small_co__FSC6255.JPG

small_co__FSC6256.JPG

small_co__FSC6257.JPG

small_co__FSC6258.JPG

small_co__FSC6259.JPG

small_co__FSC6260.JPG

small_co__FSC6261.JPG

small_co__FSC6262.JPG

small_co__FSC6263.JPG

small_co__FSC6265.JPG

small_co__FSC6266.JPG

A few of these are really nice, especially the last one, but I think you should prune them a bit. Maybe just keep a couple of the car streak ones. 

lukaszgryglicki

Sure, thanks for your opinion :) I was just enjoying a 10 mile walk with -15 degrees Celsius (around +4 F). Sometimes a bit too cold to do adjustments all the time (fingers freezing and really dark everywhere).

It’s not about adjustments, I just meant you don’t need multiples of the same subject when you can pick the best of each bunch and show us that! 

lukaszgryglicki

OK, sure, I see some flarek, possibly light leaks, I'm here to learn, really. Also a 50 years old lens is not ideal, but currently my favorite.

Enjoying your night photos. That is a long walk in the cold. Now I understand why you only want to carry one lens. That 35 F1.4 is an awesome choice.

Thanks for sharing,

Doug A

Great pics. I like the snow pics the most I guess, but that one with the two towers is kind of cool too.

The street shots remind me of that freaky scene through the time warp in 2001 movie.
What IR filters did you use?

Snowing here the last couple days too. I can live without it given the dangers, but it is nice watching it drift down. :-)