UltravioletPhotography

BG25 (I think)

I was looking for something else, and ran across this, from a few years back, which I think is a BG25 stack, but I can't be sure.

I also don't know what flower this is.

0110_v1.jpg.e7639a03c92483d9a4e9306870bf56da.jpg

I don't know for sure what filter, but the folder was about BG25, but I might have had other filters in there for comparison also.

And I don't know what BG I stacked it with.

The actual flower, no idea, Birna or Andrea might have some ideas.
 The red is what gets me. Quite common for BG3 stacks to have the same red, and BG25 being so close to the results of BG3... 

Anyway, I had never processed it before, never white balanced it, and I was kind of interested in the result.

The background and foliage colors are pretty common for BG3 and BG25.

I don't think the flower is all that wild, it is in a big rhododendron garden park above my house that has many other planted varieties than just rhododendrons. 

https://www.eugene-or.gov/DocumentCenter/View/3446/Hendricks-Park-Rhododendron-Garden?bidId=

I'd also look first in the Capparadaceae family. Those are not typical Cleome leaves, but the flower has that Cleome-like appearance.

Wait....are those leaves the leaves of the flower? Or leaves of some other plant. It isn't easy to figure that out.

Birna, thanks, I don't have a visual of that.

Andrea, thanks. I do believe that flower is from those leaves.  I have some other out take shots that show it from a slightly different angle, and the flower is from those leaves.

The leaves don’t match for this to be anything in the Cleome family.

Instead, I think it might be a type of Ginger Lily. Probably found in a garden? Probably not a wildflower?

Very interesting false color mix in the 2nd photo. Like those yellow bits.

Thanks Andrea. Yep, interesting mix of color.

Still pondering which is what filters.

Got thinking about BG25 and ended up in that folder,

which now points me back to some way back original comparisons between BG25 and BG3 stacks, seen below.

Notice how the BG25 stack is pinker, and the background is more lavender, where as the BG3 stack background is more monochrome gray.

Also the BG25 stack has more of the yellow in it. Just a random guess, but I am thinking the yellow is from reflected light of the sky maybe, based on other BG25 landscape pics I have shot have had yellowish skies, with reflective materials like metal reflecting yellow also.

bg3_flower_graph.jpg.aaaf287c81e9ffca10e2cd7be3b53feb.jpg

bg25_flower_graph.jpg.ccb127b8e7d1ac6a7071a704ce11f33d.jpg