UltravioletPhotography

Black Friday Software sales

dabateman

I thought I would post this in case anyone might be interested. 

Zerene stacker is having a 20% off sale with code HOL2021.

I have been on the fence for a long time,  but now I might just buy it.

DXO is having a 50% off sale on all products.  I too might but photolab 5. I tested it and it truly is amazing what it does for m43rds files. Really knocked down the noise and sharpened things up. I also test Dxo pure raw,  and that was just garbage.  Photolab was so much better with uncalibated lenses.

Also LibRaw is having a 25% off sale on all products.  So if you wanted raw digger,  or monochrome 2 Dng, than now is the time to buy. I originally wanted this. But I might not. The new Libcamera-still does an amazing job with my monochrome HQ, to output a DNG. Also I don't think I care about raw histograms. I use 4channels to look at the color separation.  But if I did want to calibrate sensors,  than it would be great.

Topaz is also having a good sale. I am a fan of GigapixAI for upscaling images - particularly useful for thermal camera images and the like. 

35 minutes ago, Andy Perrin said:

Topaz is also having a good sale. I am a fan of GigapixAI for upscaling images - particularly useful for thermal camera images and the like. 

Thanks for the reminder.  I was able to get Gigapix AI for $40. I had expired legacy software,  but it still counted to get the discount. 

Speaking of upscaling. I guess the a7r III sale is producing trade ins and pushing down prices. I found an a7r II for $799 with 30 day return and 90 day warranty. Got a second AD 200 Pro on sale. Thinking about Helicon. It's on sale too. 

Punted on a LCD 3D resin printer. Added a wash and UV cure station. Upgrading to a dual nozzle FDM 3D printer for making water dissolvable supports.