UltravioletPhotography

3 filter stacked

Picareto

Hi everyone.
I´m trying some diferent filter combinations....this one is with hoya x1(green) + B12 3x (blue) + orange. Panasonic Gf3 camera full spectrum
First sooc and the second with channels swaped like @Christoph told me.
Comments are wellcome

_1050554_websooc.jpg

_1050554_web.jpg

3 hours ago, Christoph said:

You are on the right track. But if you have the wrong orange filter, you will have a lot of trouble... Which one is it?

It is the kenko YA3

OK, this is the 550nm - like the OG. It is too strong, respectively excludes too much blue & green. The pale pink vegetation and the rather greenish sky is typical for this. If you scroll down on this page, about 2/3, you will see the transmission curve of Tiffen 16. This is how your filter should be. As mentioned elsewhere, Burnt Yellow from Lee also works - buy a Swatchbook, they're cheap, cut out a piece and attach it behind the lens.

Looks pretty good to me! But I know everyone is looking for just the right combo of filters. 

Also, thanks Christoph for that hint about getting the Lee Swatchbook.

You can also choose this route:

https://kolarivision.com/post-infrared-photo-editing/processing-550nm-ir-filter/

The filter should actually have almost the same properties as yours. This results in an "Aerochrome light" effect that you can enhance with a fair amount of post-processing. You need ONLY the orange filter! But you can see that this is not even close to Aerochrome or my results. The process with X1 and Tiffen 16 is very similar, at least as far as the color channels are concerned.

On 11/7/2021 at 8:17 PM, Christoph said:

You can also choose this route:

https://kolarivision.com/post-infrared-photo-editing/processing-550nm-ir-filter/

The filter should actually have almost the same properties as yours. This results in an "Aerochrome light" effect that you can enhance with a fair amount of post-processing. You need ONLY the orange filter! But you can see that this is not even close to Aerochrome or my results. The process with X1 and Tiffen 16 is very similar, at least as far as the color channels are concerned.

Thank you so much Chris.

I will take a look....