UltravioletPhotography

Be back on Sunday

Andrea B.

I'll be gone for about 4 days. My husband has a short piano performance on Friday. House guests are arriving. There's lots to do!!

Andrea B. where the 'B' is for "busy"

Okie dokes -- I'm back.

The performance went well. There was a glitch or two with the iPad music page-turner. This is something which will have to be worked out. The music director of the church in Santa Fe where the performance was held had some excellent suggestions about that. So my SigOth will continue to work it out. 

The most difficult piece, the massive Scriabin Sonata #5, Op. 43 went really well. I'm happy for him!! And I might be just a little bit happy that I don't have to hear that piece again for awhile. I know every weird note of it.

The iPad music page-turner can be used with a foot-pad gadget via bluetooth. Or you can swipe the iPad with your finger. The problem has been that a foot-pad thingie is difficult to "find" with your foot when you are playing the piano. And sometimes you have to use the left foot for the soft pedal. We had to tape the foot-pad to the floor to make sure it stayed in one place. And it seems the communication failed once between food-pad and iPad. So it goes. More practice with the foot-pad will help.

None of the preceding was about UV/IR photography, I know. So all for now.