UltravioletPhotography

Pinhole sunset

photoni

I would like to share a little test, at sunset, Sony A7 with Pinhole - fullspectrum

and my usual Lens Nikkor-H 50 f2 end filters,  the last with the ZWB2 taken off the 365nm flashlight.

the white balance was done with Photoshop's Camera Raw by correcting the individual RGB curves by eye

the oak leaves are white with powdery mildew

Thanks

Toni

DSC6217_PinHole_6400asa_1-100.jpg.b27cf1a7b8c2429e9e260bce1fa58b99.jpg

DSC6222_BG39_800asa_1-60.jpg.7aa1bd9160e2ada9ca0cd9b5d35508e0.jpg

1142596309_DSC6225_BG3925_2000asa_1-60.jpg.ddaaec3a15adc5ae784d06422c050fec.jpg

697500289_DSC6223_BG39ZWB2_12800asa_1-8.jpg.25a4b17f016b27dfc6f08bdda5ebec7b.jpg

36 minutes ago, Andy Perrin said:

What are you working to determine here?

OK Andy, the test is not clear

I was not looking for a result.

definitely missing the right light and markers

it's just my first UV test (minimal)

then ... I wanted to use these filters with pinhole, but the times were too long

Yes, I think UV pinhole photos are on the order of minutes and that is when there is full sunlight. (Not at such ISO levels though.) OlDoinyo did some? 

That Bg39 image is the sharpest pinhole image I have ever seen. 

That Zwb2 + bg39 shouldn't look like that. Something is wrong.  Film isn't sensitive to IR, so the BG39 shouldn't be needed.  But that is not a UV photo. 

26 minutes ago, dabateman said:

That Zwb2 + bg39 shouldn't look like that. Something is wrong.  Film isn't sensitive to IR, so the BG39 shouldn't be needed.  But that is not a UV photo. 

Only the first one (full spectrum) seems to be pinhole, since the others say 50mm F/8 (which cannot be a pinhole if true). I think all are digital, none are film? And the colors are altered by hand so we can't interpret by the standard white balance.

The Zwb2 + BG39 seems to have visual colors mixed in the foliage. Just how it looks to me. Otherwise, the foliage should be black or dark gray with no colors.

9 hours ago, dabateman said:

I corrected the title, only the first image is with pinhole
All were made with Sony A7 f.s.

2 hours ago, Cadmium said:

The Zwb2 + BG39 seems to have visual colors mixed in the foliage. Just how it looks to me. Otherwise, the foliage should be black or dark gray with no colors.

yes there are many problems, I shot freehand and with auto-ISO. the sensitivity is too high and the photo is underexposed.

Photoni, it’s hard to say but I’m not sure there is enough blocking of visible - what are the thicknesses of the BG39 and ZWB2?

On 10/23/2021 at 5:02 PM, Andy Perrin said:

Photoni, it’s hard to say but I’m not sure there is enough blocking of visible - what are the thicknesses of the BG39 and ZWB2?

On 10/24/2021 at 3:37 AM, Cadmium said:

What is the thickness of (all) these filters?

BG25 (Jena glass) and ZWB2 (of the 365 torch) are 2mm BG39 (PRC) I have not disassembled it from the ring but it seems to me 1mm

9 hours ago, dabateman said:

The pinhole with bg39 is the sharpest. 

Interesting. 

I like the 25A and IR ones best though. 

I will open a new, more complete topic

23 hours ago, colinbm said:

This is not a filter name that I am familiar with, is it a special Schott filter ?

¿ 25A ? is an old vivitar filter around 580nm

14 hours ago, Andy Perrin said:

Yeah, 1mm seems very thin. Probably inadequate blocking on that one. 

to complete my drawer I should order of cheap Chinese filters all diameter ø 52, all 2mm thick

QB-39 (BG39)
QB-21 (BG38)
QB-29 (BG25)
ZWB-1 (UG11)
ZWB-2 (UG1)
ZB-2    (BG3)

and an IR 850nm

Looks Good Toni
But you shouldn't get into using the equivalents, because they are not & the Chinese graphs are too optimistic.
Just stick with the Chinese names / numbers & well know what you are using.

43 minutes ago, colinbm said:

Looks Good Toni
But you shouldn't get into using the equivalents, because they are not & the Chinese graphs are too optimistic.
Just stick with the Chinese names / numbers & well know what you are using.

yes Colin, I guess :-)))
that's enough for me.

I am more interested in a Petzval 14 inch - 350 mm
in europe it costs one kidney