UltravioletPhotography

So I had this 590 filter stashed away, figured I'd try some IR color before winter. I had to go wide open, because trying to clean sensor with home remedies is a pain.

Shot with F/S Canon 2000D/T7 24mm, K590. I really like the Blue foliage out of camera(No Man's Sky game vibe) but trying out some swapping with a blue sky.

docky smaller.png

27 minutes ago, colinbm said:

Looking good Nate

Thanks, I've been experimenting with color output because my Gaming monitor shows excellent color, but second monitor and phone show dull and unsaturated. Guess I'll try to dumb down my monitor some how.

2 hours ago, Nate said:

Thanks, I've been experimenting with color output because my Gaming monitor shows excellent color, but second monitor and phone show dull and unsaturated. Guess I'll try to dumb down my monitor some how.

Yes I find it funny that many photographers will spend $2000 to $5000 on excellent color corrected monitors.  But 99% of the people viewing their work will use a regular $100 Dell and will see totally different colors and can even be upset when the photo bought doesn't have the same punch they saw when visiting their website. 

Always check on a phone or common monitor your work.  I am surprised the difference between my basement color corrected monitor and my Samsung phone after posting images here.

Often the phones have the higher quality display though. At least on the iPhone, I know from my pocket spectroscope that my iPhone 12 Max Pro has better color than my computer monitor. 

(I won’t vouch for what Samsung is putting out.)

1 hour ago, dabateman said:

Always check on a phone or common monitor your work. 

I just processed an image on my second monitor, and colors match other devices except on my main. No saturation on a $500 monitor. Might just do some searching and might be in my nvidia settings for display driver. I guess until I figure it out, I'll process on my second screen.