UltravioletPhotography

Hi from Idaho

Nate

Hi all, thanks for letting me join.

I've been a free time photographer for about 2 years. I started out with astrophotography. I got one of my Canons full spectrum modded, and that was the end of only visible for me.

I like to attempt land scape and other daytime IR/UV photography, but still learning. I have learned so much from other members posts on here in the last 5 months. My gear right now consists of, Canon 77D/2000D, P900(first camera) HelionXP38/50 Thermal spotter with built in recording, 2 other thermals for quick detection, and a cheap digital night vision. I like to see as much as the spectrum as I can, so got interested in UV too. I bought a bunch of random uv pass filters and different IR/cuts to test but settled for the moment on an Antilia Venus and a couple zwb2's stacked, as the venus let too much blue/violet in. Should have saved for the Baader, but will get it eventually. Lens is the Canon 50mm 1.8.  UV pic is just to show the colors of my frankenstack (not my car), and the other is last weekends foggy mountain shot at 742nm with Rokinon 135. Thanks

done.png

larger de sat.png

I really like the two tone color of your car. Too bad it doesn't look like that in the visible realm. That would be something else.

However, that landscape photo is beyond amazing! You got that tree line in the clouds just enough to make it a mystery. 

Thanks, I was waiting for more of the trees to start showing, but cloud timing wasn't cooperating. It seemed to turn out great, though during processing, I discovered I captured Canadian geese feeding too.

12 hours ago, Doug A said:

Cool car and landscape images. Can't wait to see more photos. Any IR or UV astrophotography to show?

Thanks Doug,  I did get a chance to shoot the Moon and Jupiter with a 742nm.  Without getting into too many details, I imaged both with a 127mm Mak and an asi462, took video of about 16k singles for Jupiter, and Moon was about 1800 frames stacked.

Final full region.png

742nm final.png