UltravioletPhotography

Try the UVP Theme

Andrea B.

Give the UVP Theme a tryout. It is more compact.

Let me know of any changes needed. I don't always get everything in a Theme correct on the first try.

I'm still going to go Shopping for a Theme at Invision just to see if there is anything there which might be nice for us. Themes made by other Invision users don't cost too much.

Invision itself will custom design us a Theme for a mere $800. But I'm not sure we really truly need a custom design!!

Theme Select is made at the bottom of the page. The Theme menu is either on the left or center.

BTW, in your Profile you can upload a "Cover Photo" to replace that strange default background.

I'm going to upload a plain color jpg temporarily WIGATI.

There is also a UVP_Dark which is an improvement over the previous UVP_Dark.

Good!

The Dark Themes can be created by simply "Inverting" the Light Theme thru a button in the Theme editor. But for the original UVP Dark Theme, I had to brighten some of the text after inversion. Themes are always a work in progress.

On 10/4/2021 at 1:38 PM, Andrea B. said:

Invision itself will custom design us a Theme for a mere $800. But I'm not sure we really truly need a custom design!!

Wow, $800 for a CSS style sheet! That sounds more like a job they don't want to take.

I like the UVP theme and have been using it since going live. The theme is colorful and calming at the same time.

Great job,

Doug A

Wow, $800 for a CSS style sheet! That sounds more like a job they don't want to take.

This kind of thing is usually offered to business owners who are trying to establish a "brand" and want to incorporate ads and marketing stuff, maybe even an online store. Small forums like us usually depend on an Admin-who-can-also-hack or on one of the Themes offered by other Invision Community users who sell tweaked Themes for $20-$30, a fair-enough price.

The potential problem with DIY Theme hacks is that they may not make it through the next forum software upgrade. So I plan to always always keep the plain Default Theme in the Theme list. I don't want us to ever go down because I colored something purple, ya know? 😎

THis forum software has multiple CSS files.

I usually just play with Inspect for awhile to figure out where something lies within the hodge-podge of HTML and CSS.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We have a Thumbs-up?

J/K......

I'm a bit late seeing this, but I'll try it now.

👍👍 

That was two Thumbs-up icons placed between lines.

OK, the Thumbs-up icons both are viewable.

I suspect that there might be a restriction on topic posts which contain only Emoticons? Because it is a forum, so talking is the expectation. I'll check this out.