UltravioletPhotography

Talks on UV photography by Jonathan and Adrian

dabateman

Seems to be the time of year for talks.  A few weeks ago I was speaking to the NHS about skin imaging, and in November I'm talking again about UV imaging of skin to the Sun Protection Conference in London.

For the Royal Photographic Society talks, there are others coming up (20th Oct) and (24th Nov), which would either be worth signing up to or viewing the recordings afterwards. They are free to attend, and as far as I am aware are open to anyone (not just RPS members). See here - https://rps.org/groups/imaging-science/

Watched the JMC's presentation during lunch. Enjoyed it a lot. He did an excellent job presenting complicated information in easy to understand fashion. The 32 camera set up caught my attention. Didn't realize it would take so much fire power to capture a face.

Thanks for sharing,

Doug A

I enjoyed the talk by Jonathan very much. It was a splendid presentation and very pedagogic as well, and despite the occasional poor sound, I hardly missed a word.

Next up will be Adrian's talk, when I can slot it in somewhere in my schedule.

BlazerOne,

This should be a separate thread. It would get lost here.

Also remember don't add directly to a lens. It would need to be on a ring infront of the UV filter. Unless the uv filter was mounted behind the lens. 

JMC presented the Canfield product in his slide deck. Not this exact model, but all the same. Otherwise, I would have never seen this. Credit goes to him for bringing it to light. 

Thanks Birna. Sorry to hear about the sound. We tried it before the start and everything seemed fine. Hopefully it didn't detract too much. I haven't listened to it myself - not a big fan of listening to myself speaking.

Over the years I've had to present scientific work to audiences ranging from academics, to dermatologists, to managers and journalists (ranked in no particular order of course) so I tend to err of the side of methodical when doing them. The next one is at a Sun Protection Conference in November (where I'll be covering some UV imaging basics again and introducing my UV microscopy work on sunscreens), but I don't that will be available afterwards as it is at a 'pay to attend' conference.

Ok Blazerone. Its strange, Teams works fine with the mic in the computer, but Zoom does not. That was why I ended up having to grab a headset to make it work. With Teams it's not an issue at all as the mic is well away from me.

34 minutes ago, JMC said:

Ok Blazerone. Its strange, Teams works fine with the mic in the computer, but Zoom does not. That was why I ended up having to grab a headset to make it work. With Teams it's not an issue at all as the mic is well away from me.

Sometimes these apps have a software compressor DSP routine in the AD chain or make use of factory hardware.